Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Need To Find A Wood Kit For This New Ugly Yugo AK 47 In The Black Pics!!

Picked up this ugly duckling today and it needs to have some proper furniture. Just a basic Century Yugo DCI receiver AK that I would like to improve. I dont need a under folder because I bought a Sig P556 so I would like to upgrade the furniture. Any thoughts?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Need To Find A Wood Kit For This New Ugly Yugo AK 47 In The Black Pics!!

An all-poly Yugo now?? Guess it was going to happen sooner or later.

Anyway, everyone is gonna tell you to go here for the finest in AK wood;

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html

Just be prepared to pay regardless of selected wood, whether or not you want him to do palm-swell lower HG or not, etc., etc.

Other options would be to prowl the AK forum classifieds and look for take-offs from someone who wanted the delux Ironwood and now have their original stuff for sale.

Or, Google for Yugo AK wood and you may get lucky with a recent batch of "war vet" wood in a vendor's stash - much of which has been carved by bored GIs. You get a bit of provenance there to ponder over.

Lastly, give your poly Yugo some time to wear on you...

Anymore, the trend with "modern" AKs is for the all-poly weather-resistant furniture - wood is now "traditional", and if you want to look all modern EBR and that...

Maybe your "nightfighter Yugo" will grow on you.

Default Re: Need To Find A Wood Kit For This New Ugly Yugo AK 47 In The Black Pics!!

First off that sure don't look like a Yugo to me ... they using Rom foregrips or something?

Secondly good freaking luck finding them. I have been looking for 4 months now so covert my underfolders to wood ... the only ones I have seen are beat to DEATH ones on gunbroker with an opening bid of $75.

If you find decent ones please PM me because I want 2 sets of the foregrips.

Nice looking rifle....but damn the first thing I noticed was the Jimmy Buffet Book next to all that Clancy....seems kinda ironic.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    An all-poly Yugo now?? Guess it was going to happen sooner or later.

Anyway, everyone is gonna tell you to go here for the finest in AK wood;

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html

Just be prepared to pay regardless of selected wood, whether or not you want him to do palm-swell lower HG or not, etc., etc.

Other options would be to prowl the AK forum classifieds and look for take-offs from someone who wanted the delux Ironwood and now have their original stuff for sale.

Or, Google for Yugo AK wood and you may get lucky with a recent batch of "war vet" wood in a vendor's stash - much of which has been carved by bored GIs. You get a bit of provenance there to ponder over.

Lastly, give your poly Yugo some time to wear on you...

Anymore, the trend with "modern" AKs is for the all-poly weather-resistant furniture - wood is now "traditional", and if you want to look all modern EBR and that...

Maybe your "nightfighter Yugo" will grow on you.

Some great points! Thanks for the link also. Rep too ya

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    First off that sure don't look like a Yugo to me ... they using Rom foregrips or something?

Secondly good freaking luck finding them. I have been looking for 4 months now so covert my underfolders to wood ... the only ones I have seen are beat to DEATH ones on gunbroker with an opening bid of $75.

If you find decent ones please PM me because I want 2 sets of the foregrips.

The Century DCI receivers are considered a Yugo you can see the dimple above the magazine. I agree on the grip and the rest of the gun, it looks like a bunch of parts including the tapco trigger. I planned on spending a few bucks and bringing it up to snuff. The DCI receivers are pretty good and I should be able to bring it up to snuff.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    Nice looking rifle....but damn the first thing I noticed was the Jimmy Buffet Book next to all that Clancy....seems kinda ironic.

I am a hard guy to fit into a box if you know what I mean.........

Reading for me is like music, I enjoy a very broad selection of music and authors.

(Lebanon County)

all new yugo's are comming with poly for a while now. No more wood

(Allegheny County)

I like it just fine all black poly. The other plus to leaving it that way is the poly guns are substantially lighter than the wood ones.

But I never got into the whole wood thing on any gun.

(Allegheny County)

That really doesn't look like a Yugo ... but the all plastic furniture might be throwing it off. No polished BCG, no Grenade sights ...

+1 on Ironwood's teak

If not, check out www.theakforum.net. Some there might be selling their original wood for Ironwood.

Your adding a lot of nice family members this year. Way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast