Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig P250

(Allegheny County)

Default Sig P250

My new Sig Sauer P250 Compact 9mm Two-tone
    siggy 1.jpg
    Pictured next to my Glock 30 for a size comparison.
    Sig w glock.JPG
    And a very blurry picture of the bar-code like scrapping that is starting to show on the ejection port after only 100 rounds.
    01-2 port a.jpg
    Shooting impressions:
    Due to the fact that it is about 1/2 the weight of my Glock 30 (.45ACP), the
    P250 (9mm) carries damn near the same recoil... And virtually none of the accuracy. This is mostly due to the double action "revolver" trigger. Though smooth as silk, the take up is painfully long with a fairly unpredictable break. I say fairly, because I'm sure with time I'll learn where the " sweet spot" is.
    From a maintenence and mechanical standpoint, however, it is actually easier than the Glock, breaking down to slide, barrel, recoil spring, grip frame, and action in seconds. Everything is exposed on the action, therefore easy to clean and lubricate.
    I do like the idea that I can convert it to .357 SIG in the near future, and then back to 9mm to take to the range.
    However, my initial goal was "9mm range pistol, cheaper to shoot than the .45caliber Glock"... An innaccurate gun doesn't make the best target gun.
    So it raises the Question about my next pistol:
    "To Glock, or not to Glock?"
    Meaning, do I stick with what I know, get a Glock 17, and hot-rod it to competition spec.
    Or, for once, let fuction take the passenger seat to form (though in this case not really... at all) and buy the new stainless version of the CZ 75B with Coco Bolo grips...
    Think I might have just answered my own question.
    "No one knows what’s next, but everybody does it," George Carlin

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Sig P250

Quote Originally Posted by Sooper Jenius View Post
    Shooting impressions:
    Due to the fact that it is about 1/2 the weight of my Glock 30 (.45ACP), the
    P250 (9mm) carries damn near the same recoil... And virtually none of the accuracy. This is mostly due to the double action "revolver" trigger. Though smooth as silk, the take up is painfully long with a fairly unpredictable break.
    I have yet to fire a 250, but I have handled them in the store. They seem like really nice guns. I am curious about their accuracy. I have become proficient with my glock, but about 6 months ago I was able to shoot a friends Kahr k9 and practically outshot my glock on the first try. The comparison is in the fact that the trigger on the kahr is long and double action revolver-like with a fairly unpredictable break, similar to what you described. I guess I'll just have to try to find a sig 250 to shoot in order to see if I like the trigger or not.

Thanks for the post. Sweet Gun!

(Montgomery County)

Nice gun.
    I've shot two different P250s and both were very accurate. You might need some more time with it to get used to the DA trigger.
    Good luck with her!

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Allegheny County)

I beleive you are right. I may have been a little harsh initially. It's not that the DAO on the Sig is any better or worse than my Glock... Just different, different than I personally am used to, which isn't any evidence that it is bad.
    I put my order in the mail yesterday for the large grip modular. I have fairly big hands with long fingers, so at the critical moment when the trigger breaks, my trigger finger hits my thumb, causing my thumb to grind into the mag release a little under recoil (this was a little uncomfortably abrasive after 100 rounds). I feel this may just be the culprit. Though I may think I'm holding my sights true through followthrough... well, let's face it, I'm probably moving at least slightly, and throwing the shots.
    I suppose the thing that caused me to bash my own gun a little is the fact that it is starting to sand the blueing off of the ejection port.
    ejection port wear.jpg
    My Glock, most likely, never will due to the 1000th of an inch or so "gap" between the slide and ejection port.
    I don't know if this is good or bad from a mechanical standpoint. Is the Sig manufactured to a slightly higher mechanical tolorance than the Glock?
    If Sigs were still made in Germany, I wouldn't question it, but now they are made here in the good 'ol (woops that broke) U.S. of A. Not to bash my own country, but we sometimes have a tendency to half-ass things.
    "No one knows what’s next, but everybody does it," George Carlin