Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Smart Carry- Is it still available?

Does anyone know if the smart carry is still available. Their website is no longer available. Is it available through any retail stores. I am looking for an IWB and have heard about this one.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Smart Carry- Is it still available?

for a daily use holster I'd suggest looking elsewhere. The Smart Carry is excellent if you wear a lot of pants without belts (wind pants, gym shorts, jogging pants... etc). With jeans on the draw is much slower then a standard IWB holster and you need to wear pants fairly baggy in the front to accommodate the pistol without it looking like you are flying at full mast all day long.

If you are looking for your first IWB holster I strongly suggest checking out http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

If you are looking for an alternate way to carry when a standard IWB may not work then Smart Carry is a great choice.

- that being said I don't know if their website is just down or if its offline, I'd have to guess its just down. I'm sure you can find some Smart Carry's for sale on the forums, just ask around
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lancaster County)

Roma Leather makes the same thing. Look on Ebay for it (24.95). I ordered one and am waiting on it. got it for summer carry of my snub nose under baggy shorts . Figured it would be good for when im fishing. I'll give reviews on it as soon as I get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ROMA-LEATHER...1%7C240%3A1318
    No longer posting

Quote Originally Posted by NickDFAL View Post
    Does anyone know if the smart carry is still available. Their website is no longer available. Is it available through any retail stores. I am looking for an IWB and have heard about this one.
    I think I remember seeing that he (Charlie) was re-designing his website recently...maybe it is down because of that. Here's a couple phone #'s for him you could try:

(727) 581-7001 chat line for questions
    1-888-459-2358 order line

You can also see his site from the web archive at:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200711121....com/scfaq.htm
    Last edited by HiredGoon; January 18th, 2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added web archive info

http://smartcarry.com/ is working now.

It is my EDC holster carrying an M&P 45fs with a spare 14-round extended magazine. I use it with jeans, slacks, suits, etc. I don't know about cargo pants, shorts or sweat pants as I don't use them.

Last edited by HowardCohodas; January 18th, 2009 at 02:18 PM.
    Howard - I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!

(Chester County)

I got my smartcarry in the mail yesterday. I ordered it off the website last week. It's for a Kahr PM9. I like it so far.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    http://smartcarry.com/ is working now.

It is my EDC holster carrying an M&P 45fs with a spare 14-round extended magazine. I use it with jeans, slacks, suits, etc. I don't know about cargo pants, shorts or sweat pants as I don't use them.
    How quickly can you draw? when I wear mine the draw is fairly slow... It is ideal for those items you don't wear :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    How quickly can you draw? when I wear mine the draw is fairly slow... It is ideal for those items you don't wear :P
    It is a half to one second slower than from IWB for me. It's a matter of how tight you keep your belt and how much you practice. There is no getting around it, it is not optimal for draw speed. For me, the priority is deep concealed carry. My family and social circle are not gun friendly. With hugs and kisses the frequent greeting, I would be easily outed with any other carry method. With the SmartCarry I can even roughhouse and snuggle with the grandchildren without difficulty. I deal with the speed compromise partially by carrying an LCP as a BUG in my weak side front pants pocket. The one time when I was threatened with harm as a result of a traffic incident, I had a grip on my LCP with my hand still in my pocket as I chose flight over flight.
    Howard - I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    It is a half to one second slower than from IWB for me. It's a matter of how tight you keep your belt and how much you practice. There is no getting around it, it is not optimal for draw speed. For me, the priority is deep concealed carry. My family and social circle are not gun friendly. With hugs and kisses the frequent greeting, I would be easily outed with any other carry method. With the SmartCarry I can even roughhouse and snuggle with the grandchildren without difficulty. I deal with the speed compromise partially by carrying an LCP as a BUG in my weak side front pants pocket. The one time when I was threatened with harm as a result of a traffic incident, I had a grip on my LCP with my hand still in my pocket as I chose flight over flight.
    cool thanks for the info, I was wondering if you knew a trick to it or something, I agree for deep concealement it can't be beat.