Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Need an opion on a car

We have been looking at getting a second vehicle.

Some that we have looked at are the xterra, the Endeavor, maybe a blazer. Does anyone have one of these? Whats good or bad?
    Last edited by normanvin; January 18th, 2009 at 08:54 AM.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Default Re: Need an opion on a car

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    We have been looking at getting a second vehicle.

Some that we have looked at are the exterra, the endevoe, maybe a blazer. Does anyone have one of these? Whats good or bad?
    Blasphemy! It's Xterra...I had an '06, loved it. I got T-Boned and now it's gone. I miss it but don't miss paying for the gas.

Never heard of the Endevoe, I assume you mean Endeavor...don't know anything about it, but I would personally stay away from Mitsubishi unless it was an Evo. Even though I used to have an Eclipse.

Unless you are looking for a used vehicle, Chevy doesn't make the Blazer anymore, they have the Trailblazer. I have driven the GMC Envoy (same thing basically) and it is nice.

If you don't mind the bad MPG I highly recommend the Xterra.

I'll add some info for the Xterra:

It drives like a truck, which I liked. It has pretty good power, over 260 HP...very good acceleration. The 4 wheel drive is great...I personally think it looks really good, especially in Midnight Blue. It is a great vehicle for offroading, camping, hauling stuff...which is Nissan's selling point on it. I love the gear box on the roof...great for wet or muddy clothes. All around great truck...I miss it.
    Last edited by ChrisF4i; January 18th, 2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Added more info
    Bazinga

(Monroe County)

The thing about the Xterra is although the ride may not be real smooth it`s a real truck with a ladder frame. They are pretty well built. I just like a lot of room inside so I`ve been spoiled by Rams.
    The Xterra a tough little vehicle.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF4i View Post
    Blasphemy! It's Xterra...I had an '06, loved it. I got T-Boned and now it's gone. I miss it but don't miss paying for the gas.

Never heard of the Endevoe, I assume you mean Endeavor...don't know anything about it, but I would personally stay away from Mitsubishi unless it was an Evo. Even though I used to have an Eclipse.

Unless you are looking for a used vehicle, Chevy doesn't make the Blazer anymore, they have the Trailblazer. I have driven the GMC Envoy (same thing basically) and it is nice.

If you don't mind the bad MPG I highly recommend the Xterra.
    You are correct on all counts. Its still early. One place had a 2008 xterra with 30000. Went back for a test drive and it was sold. Seemed to be a good price. They have a second one comeing in Monday. but it is yellow. We drove the Endeavor yesterday. it has a nice ride. Lots of room.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF4i View Post

I'll add some info for the Xterra:

It drives like a truck, which I liked. It has pretty good power, over 260 HP...very good acceleration. The 4 wheel drive is great...I personally think it looks really good, especially in Midnight Blue. It is a great vehicle for offroading, camping, hauling stuff...which is Nissan's selling point on it. I love the gear box on the roof...great for wet or muddy clothes. All around great truck...I miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    You are correct on all counts. Its still early. One place had a 2008 xterra with 30000. Went back for a test drive and it was sold. Seemed to be a good price. They have a second one comeing in Monday. but it is yellow. We drove the Endeavor yesterday. it has a nice ride. Lots of room.
    Stay away from the yellow! Haha, they also used to make the 1st gen in orange, weird.

I assume the Endeavor drove like a car since it is a crossover. Go with the Xterra, did I mention that I miss mine?
    Bazinga

(Bucks County)

Give a good look to the Trailblazer, we have one and love it.

(Monroe County)

Nissan is a good truck, but it does ride like a truck. I would stay away from the Mitsu for the simple fact of thrying to find a good Mitsu dealer is like looking for a needle in a haystack. As for chevys I like them, but you need to be to expect that it is a chevy and quality is not what it used to be. I have worked for both chevy and mitsu parts departments. So I have seen it all. Jeeps are always a good choice. Currently I am driving a '08 Kia Sorento for a demo and it is great in the snow wether I am in 2wd or 4wd. In 2wd with the tracktion control on I can't get it to kick the back end out. Hope this helps.

(Beaver County)

can't tell you what to buy but from me.we have had nothing but trouble with are trailblazer.
    maybe cause it's so old it's a 2002,the 4 wheel drive dos'nt work along with almost 2000.00 in motor work just to pass emmisions.just have had bad luck.
    i would say i might try it again but would be very aposed to buy used again.most assured it will be brand new.
    do you feel lucky punk,well do ya!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 2003 View Post
    can't tell you what to buy but from me.we have had nothing but trouble with are trailblazer.
    maybe cause it's so old it's a 2002,........
    LOLLOLOL
    i mean, i sure hope that just sarcasm.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 2003 View Post
    maybe cause it's so old it's a 2002,the 4 wheel drive dos'nt work along with almost 2000.00 in motor work just to pass emmisions.just have had bad luck.
    i would say i might try it again but would be very aposed to buy used again.most assured it will be brand new.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    LOLLOLOL
    i mean, i sure hope that just sarcasm.
    You can't expect an antique like that not to have any problems
    Bazinga

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast