Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P 9

(Lackawanna County)

Default M&P 9

I picked up my M&P 9 last night from Advanced Arms and took it out this morning for a some shooting. I had 3 misfeeds, where the round seemed to go over the barrel instead of into it. I wouldnt say it was the gun, it was most likley because it was -10 when i was shooting. other than that i had no probelms. the trigger didnt really feel gritty as others had mentioned, but it did seem to shoot a bit high, again that could be due to the cold and i wasnt as steady as i could be in warmer weather. i shot about 85 rounds today and overall i like the gun, i just need some warmer weather to really enjoy it.

i also ordered a Glock 21 in OD that will be in on Tuesday so ill be shooting that during the week. ill post pics of both when i get around to it.
    Last edited by Da2k17; January 17th, 2009 at 04:22 PM.

(Centre County)

Default Re: M&P 9

Is it new?Used? Does it do this "go over the barrel instead of into it"(assuming your experiencing stove pipe with live round) with all the mags that it comes with or just perticuler one?

My M&P9C did have some teeting issue with jamming first 200rds or so when it was new. mostly FTE, but some FTRB.
    After several cleaning, and good lubing, she rans as smooth and reliable as my M&P9

My M&P9 runs without issue - Cold or worm. I have been out few days ago when it was just about 0degree, but she ran fine. But she has been well broken in.
    But I can imagin some thicker oil "may" harden with cold weather that can cause an issue. I'd clean up the extracter area(M&P seems to collect alots of gunc there - at least mine it does..), use good, not so thick lube and try it again!
    Last edited by Mity2; January 17th, 2009 at 04:30 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Franklin County)

On what mag round did it misfeed? For example: The first round in the mag or the last?

(Lackawanna County)

its brand new. it would misfeed towards the end. the last two times there were 3 rounds left, im not sure the first time i didnt count. it did seem like the oil was gelling/ thickining a bit so i assume thats what the problems was.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Da2k17 View Post
    its brand new. it would misfeed towards the end. the last two times there were 3 rounds left, im not sure the first time i didnt count. it did seem like the oil was gelling/ thickining a bit so i assume thats what the problems was.
    At our coldest group shoot we had 100% reliable, broken in guns malfunctioning left and right due to too much lubrication.

On an M&P put a drop of GOOD gun oil like WS or FP10 on each of the 4 rails and wipe it off leaving just a light film.

Anything you lube just wipe it off leaving just the lightest coating possible. The crazy canadians guns worked every time in the cold and he runs them almost bone dry.

That might help.

(York County)

Da2K17, Glad you are pleased with your new MP9. Here is a website that
    you might want to take a look at. It has alot of great information for you
    to view on your new pistol. www.mp-pistol.com.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    At our coldest group shoot we had 100% reliable, broken in guns malfunctioning left and right due to too much lubrication.

On an M&P put a drop of GOOD gun oil like WS or FP10 on each of the 4 rails and wipe it off leaving just a light film.

Anything you lube just wipe it off leaving just the lightest coating possible. The crazy canadians guns worked every time in the cold and he runs them almost bone dry.

That might help.
    i forget what brand the oil is, but it was expensive. i think i may have just put too much on considering its my first handgun and i didnt want to not have enough. ill be going again tomorrow so ill wipe it down good before i go. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNDAMENTALS View Post
    Da2K17, Glad you are pleased with your new MP9. Here is a website that
    you might want to take a look at. It has alot of great information for you
    to view on your new pistol. www.mp-pistol.com.
    thanks for the info, ill definitly check it out.

(Delaware County)

Just ordered my M&P 9mm..hope I have no major issues.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Jefferson County)

i have the 9c and its awesome.. never gave me a problem yet

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Just ordered my M&P 9mm..hope I have no major issues.
    even though i had those 3 issues i still really like the gun and would/ will deffinitly buy from S&W again. im pretty sure mine was weather related, i mean its my first pistol so i may have over oiled it which then thickened causing my problems in the cold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast