Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So I havnt had a cigarette in three days

I decided to quit smoking a while ago and ive been building myself up to it. I found a really neat product that's really been helping http://smokingeverywhere.com/ its called an E-cigarette. its pretty much a beefed up vaporizer with nicotine, with different stages like the patch. its a pretty cool product, I figured I would share of anyone else has been thinking about giving up the habit.

Oh a bit of warning before you think about buying this, it isnt a cigarette, so dont assume it is. Its not the same, but its as close as you can get without smoking.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: So I havnt had a cigarette in three days

i quit almost 4 months ago using Chantix. Smoked for 20 years 1 1/2 packs a day. Best product out there for quiting as far as im concerned.

and Congrats on the 3 days ! Its hard but once you kick it think of the extra gun money you will have ,lol
    Last edited by riverpirate; January 17th, 2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: to add congrats
    No longer posting

(Somerset County)

I smoked for 43 years . smoked my last one September 24 2008 just before they loaded me in a helicopter to go for emergency heart surgery . I have used nothing to quit , the heart attack was motivation enough . I now get sick at my stomach when I get around a smoker so I am not tempted . Good luck !
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(York County)

Keep going. It's worth it. I smoked for 31 years, and quit almost 4 years ago. Got fatter, but feel a lot better. Got lots more money in my pockets now too. Good luck.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Chester County)

I wish you good luck on staying quit. It's the best thing you can do for yourself and those close to you.
    Μολὼν λάβε

I use to smoke 3-4 packs a day, Kools. After a few years, I felt the impact. I was the slowest runner in my pack, no pun intended. Also, when Wifey wanted to go to college, I couldn't say no while burning through almost $20/day. So I tried gimmicks, yes all gimmicks. Plastic cigs, cut-back programs, progressive filters, even the stupid PATCH under doctor's guidance. NOTHING!

Then it dawned on me, I just didn't want to quit. I had to want to quit, and if you will want to, you will quit. After 15 years, cold-turkey works. I have my last pack of smokes in my kitchen cabinet. So when I decide I don't want to quit anymore, I can pick up where I left off.

Cold turkey works, because I wanted to stop. Anything less, you are letting someone/something else replace, or tell you, you need to stop. Once the gimmicks' re-enforcement is gone, you will just start right back up.

tom

P.S. Since Bidden said paying taxes is how you show your patriotism, and SCHIP was expanded using higher cigarette taxes, smoke up and show your love for America's Children!!! Should be a sin-tax on anti-smoking products now.
    Everyday, Love your Wife. She might love you back twice that day. :D

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tom View Post
    I use to smoke 3-4 packs a day, Kools. After a few years, I felt the impact. I was the slowest runner in my pack, no pun intended. Also, when Wifey wanted to go to college, I couldn't say no while burning through almost $20/day. So I tried gimmicks, yes all gimmicks. Plastic cigs, cut-back programs, progressive filters, even the stupid PATCH under doctor's guidance. NOTHING!

Then it dawned on me, I just didn't want to quit. I had to want to quit, and if you will want to, you will quit. After 15 years, cold-turkey works. I have my last pack of smokes in my kitchen cabinet. So when I decide I don't want to quit anymore, I can pick up where I left off.

Cold turkey works, because I wanted to stop. Anything less, you are letting someone/something else replace, or tell you, you need to stop. Once the gimmicks' re-enforcement is gone, you will just start right back up.

tom

P.S. Since Bidden said paying taxes is how you show your patriotism, and SCHIP was expanded using higher cigarette taxes, smoke up and show your love for America's Children!!! Should be a sin-tax on anti-smoking products now.

you are 100 percent correct . REP to you .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Delaware County)

My Mom's been smoking for probably 30 years now. She quit for a year then started up again. I wish she'd stop.

Then again...my Grandpop smoked for 60 years then as soon as he stopped, he got real sick and died a few months later. =(
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

Quitting smoking is HARD. Congratulations on your efforts and good luck.
    "Pride and dignity are good, but only in moderation." P-11 Shooter

(Cambria County)

All I can say is no matter what. Don't "just have one for old times sake." You will start again faster than you can shake a stick.

"Quit" and stick with it. You can do it. And in a couple months, when you visit your smoker buddies house. You won't believe how it smells. When you meet friends for dinner that smoke, you won't believe how much they reek of cigarette smoke. And it will hit you. You smelled like that when you smoked.

It is worth it. Hang in there. You can do it.

I use to just carry a pencil stub in my shirt pocket. Just holding that in my hand like a cigarette helped mentally tremendously. I use to flick the ashes off of it, while drinking a beer.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast