Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default What's perhaps better than one Amy Winehouse? Five fake ones!

I found this last evening and was listening to it right before I had to run upstairs and help the wife give our oil-covered cat a bath, which is another story, perhaps for later today.

Start listening for the best part at around :34 or so -- it begins with a practice riff of an infectious bass percussion beat. I'm not sure where this originated from, and I don't believe that it's lip-synched; the singers are referred to as the "Wine-ettes" by the lead guitar. Here's an example of the original, which you'll note is a much slower arrangement.

Amy Winehouse, for those of you not in the know, is a British singer of some reknown and talent who has managed to go as low in the cycle of addiction and self-loathing as any human being that I have ever witnessed. She seems to be a not-quite-there inadvertent 21st century chav sendup of Edith Piaf, for lack of a better analogy.

It's sad what happens to some people after the tidal wave of celebrity status comes rushing in over their heads. Frankly, the Dennis Rodman tattoos are more than a bit unsettling, and while I find some of the music most enjoyable, I can't help but wonder what a fire hose, a long floor brush, ten gallons or so of baby shampoo, and then two years of counseling and enforced, involuntary sobriety would do for this unfortunate soul, no, wretch, that the British tabloid press has referred to as a "popwreck."
    Last edited by King 5.45; January 17th, 2009 at 02:49 AM.

Default Re: What's perhaps better than one Amy Winehouse? Five fake ones!

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post

I found this last evening and was listening to it right before I had to run upstairs and help the wife give our oil-covered cat a bath, which is another story, perhaps for later today.

Start listening for the best part at around :34 or so -- it begins with a practice riff of an infectious bass percussion beat. I'm not sure where this originated from, and I don't believe that it's lip-synched; the singers are referred to as the "Wine-ettes" by the lead guitar. Here's an example of the original, which you'll note is a much slower arrangement.

Amy Winehouse, for those of you not in the know, is a British singer of some reknown and talent who has managed to go as low in the cycle of addiction and self-loathing as any human being that I have ever witnessed. She seems to be a not-quite-there inadvertent 21st century chav sendup of Edith Piaf, for lack of a better analogy.

It's sad what happens to some people after the tidal wave of celebrity status comes rushing in over their heads. Frankly, the Dennis Rodman tattoos are more than a bit unsettling, and while I find some of the music most enjoyable, I can't help but wonder what a fire hose, a long floor brush, ten gallons or so of baby shampoo, and then two years of counseling and enforced, involuntary sobriety would do for this unfortunate soul, no, wretch, that the British tabloid press has referred to as a "popwreck."

I am more interested in the cat bath story. Do either of you have any skin left on your arms???? I bet Fluffy was none too happy with a human bath.
    Jules

Default Re: What's perhaps better than one Amy Winehouse? Five fake ones!

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I am more interested in the cat bath story. Do either of you have any skin left on your arms???? I bet Fluffy was none too happy with a human bath.
    Jules
    Sleep now, tomorrow I share the mirth in the Caturday thread, where it is most non-OT.