Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carhartt Bibs

(Allegheny County)

Default Carhartt Bibs

Gentlemen and Gentlewomen:

I have been a lurker for about a year now, and before I post my question, I would just like to thank you all for the good info you have provided me.

It is good to know that there are likeminded folks in our commonwealth, and that we have a place to talk.

This being said, here is my deal -- I am a blacksmith who runs a shop in a not-so-great part of town. After a late night visit from some ne'er-do-wells, I decided that it was time to go ahead and get my LCTF. That worked out fine, and now I am happy to bring my 1911 to work with me every day, but the downside is that my bib overalls seem to be lonely at home, as I now tend to dress for CC and primarily use a Crossbreed IWB rig. Has anyone had an success at CC with overalls? I have seen rigs that look like jockstraps, and frankly I am not really interested in going down that route.

I am hoping that someone here has solved the problem. Again, it is a full sized 1911, and we are talking regular Carhartt bib overalls. If this has been discussed elsewhere, I apologize for taking up boardspace, and just give me the link. If not, I figure there might be a few fellow lunkheads on here that have encountered this problem, and may be able to help.

Thanks!

Gordon

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Carhartt Bibs

Welcome to the forum, Gordon. Glad you decided to join us. I really can't help you too well with your your question, but sit tight. I'm sure help is on the way!

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Hmmmm. Maybe shoulder rig?

I don't like the bibs myself. I'm a fan of the seperate pants and jacket.

Not much of an easy way with bibs.

Try some experimenting.........
    Practice with an UNLOADED GUN!!!!!

good luck, let us know what you find that works.

(Cumberland County)

hears an idea for ya to try to sew a pocket on the inside of the bib front to hold your sidearm.

(Cambria County)

For me, i also wear Carhart Bibs. For me , i have no problem carrying my mid-sized frame OWB under my bibs, and still access it quickly. Do you wear anything over your bibs , or just the bibs?

(Westmoreland County)

This probably won't help unless you work outside and wear a jacket as well. But Sig sells concealed carry jackets with holsters built in a hidden pocket on both sides of the chest. I have the leather version and its held up very well. They make one thats very similar to carhartt style jackets. Perhaps that would help.

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/Sho...?categoryid=77
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

(Lackawanna County)

At the railroad, we needed a convenient place to carry our handie-talkies, and I'm positive this would work for you: at the waist, cut in a 'carry pocket', right along that double seam, and have an appropriate sized pocket sewn into the space between the outer and inner layers, with a doubled open flap.

If you have a tailor do it, I'l wager that he can even form it to the shape of your pocket howitzer of choice...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    At the railroad, we needed a convenient place to carry our handie-talkies, and I'm positive this would work for you: at the waist, cut in a 'carry pocket', right along that double seam, and have an appropriate sized pocket sewn into the space between the outer and inner layers, with a doubled open flap.

If you have a tailor do it, I'l wager that he can even form it to the shape of your pocket howitzer of choice...
    good idea!

Rep sent.

I think that state law requires you carry a double barreled side by side shotgun when wearing overalls! Seriously though, I used to wear overalls a lot of the time, and the only thing I ever came up with was pocket carry. And that ain't gonna work for a 1911. Sorry I'm not much help here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast