Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default LTCF Holder taking posession of my gun...

While in the car.

I don't have a LTCF but I am going shooting with someone who has a LTCF. We are going to a range outside of Philly so I thought when he picks me up for the trip he can take possession of my pistol for the ride and give it back to me at the range and I can OC at the range. I think it would be legal to do this but I'm not 100% sure.

It would make things easier as far as not carrying the pistol case, and a second case for ammo just for a car ride.

Thoughts?

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: LTCF Holder taking posession of my gun...

You can transport it to the range without a LTCF so long as its unloaded and the ammo is separate. There is no legal requirement that the gun be in a case.

6106(b)(4) Any persons engaged in target shooting with a firearm, if such persons are at or are going to or from their places of assembly or target practice and if, while going to or from their places of assembly or target practice, the firearm is not loaded.
    However you can loan/lend the loaded handgun to a licensee until you get to the range.

6225(b)(1)(i)The person who receives the firearm is licensed to carry a firearm under section 6109 (relating to licenses).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

+1 what knight0334 said.

Also if your LTCFed friend takes possession of the handgun you can also makes stops between home and the range, getting lunch or shopping for example. IMO if your friend locks it in HIS trunk then its considered in his possession so the firearm remains covered under his LTCF for stops and there's no issue of the gun and ammo packaging.

Of course, getting your own LTCF makes things MUCH easier

(Lackawanna County)

Of course, getting your own LTCF makes things MUCH easier
    And I would suggest you do so before our new president has a chance to change things for the worse.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelCD View Post
    And I would suggest you do so before our new president has a chance to change things for the worse.
    I believe the Philly gun unit was giving him problems.