Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Exclamation WOW - Regarding H.B. 760

I'm listening to Bob Durgin and he said he received a letter from Rep. Jake Wheatley regarding his appearance on his show a few days back. In that letter, he states that he is pulling his name off of the bill!!! He either has seen the light or caught a huge amount of crap from people both in and outside of his district...like me.

Dave G.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: WOW - Regarding H.B. 760

I'd like to think that it is in no small part due to the fact that firearm owners have mobilized on the Internet to bring this stuff into the light and quickly made it apparent we won't stand for this.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Chester County)

That's some good news! I hope all of the bill's sponsors get overwhelmed with mail.

(Philadelphia County)

I just called Rep. Wheatley's office and confirmed that he has pulled his support for this bill.

I would suggest anyone (especially his constituents) send him a letter or a phone call thanking him for doing the right thing.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I just called Rep. Wheatley's office and confirmed that he has pulled his support for this bill.

I would suggest anyone (especially his constituents) send him a letter or a phone call thanking him for doing the right thing.
    What, do you think gun owners are mindless, smelly, hicks who eat with their fingers and have no manners?

Nevermind.
    Thanks for the reminder to say thank you.
    PM me tomorrow to remind me to take a shower too. (puhleeeeeze...)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I'd like to think that it is in no small part due to the fact that firearm owners have mobilized on the Internet to bring this stuff into the light and quickly made it apparent we won't stand for this.
    Absolutely, Dan. I think Pennsylvania gun owners are finally fed up with the myriad of shit bills being run through committee. We have finally decided that enough is enough.

That's how we have to handle these people...hard and fast.

I will have to send him another e-mail...this time commending his actions rather than criticizing them.

Dave G.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

(Philadelphia County)

AMEN BROTHER!! ALLELUIA!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Perry County)

Here is a link to his contact page. Please send him a commendation and thank you.

http://www.pahouse.com/contact/viaLDPC.asp?district=19

Dave G.
    Dave G.

(Lancaster County)

Let us not forget... there are still House Bills 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 277 and 291... to eliminate... and I may have missed a few. I will be mentioning these Bills while congratulating him for doing the right thing.

(Chester County)

I called the gov. after he stated his urgency for gun control in this state.The phone was ringing and ringing. I was determined to leave a message. Finally the lady answered and I told her I was against any gun control. She told me she will put it on the list. She also told me it was a very big list.