Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default OH MAN I WANT ONE OF THESE!

"Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Berks County)

Default Re: OH MAN I WANT ONE OF THESE!

Ghillie suits could come in handy. That is a very good one.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Lawrence County)

i found another one on an italian airborne troop that when he laid down, even though they had a close up pic i STILL couldn't see him! they are awsome!
    (this one isn't it, just showing another REALLY GOOD ghillie.)
    Last edited by Bmarshall91; January 15th, 2009 at 04:09 PM.

Ghillie's are fun in the right conditions, but they're heavy and thick. You do NOT want to buy one, especially when you can make one just as good for cheaper. Your first ghillie will suck big time, lol, but you'll get the hang of it. Even after you have a good foundation for one, one of the most important parts is "vegg'ing" it out properly, if it's not done correctly it stil won't look right. When you really break it down, most people don't have any use for a ghillie, they're alot of work and usually you can get the job done just fine if you watch the winds, some camo, or are up in a stand. Either way, they sure are fun and look cool.

(Lawrence County)

i play a lot of paintball, and ghillie would be AWESOME to use instead of my bdu's. i have a camo bug net i put around my head, and that covers a lot of my mask and reflection, then i have my marker decked out in O.D., so i'm KINDA invisable... but with a ghillie it would be soooooooo much better.

right now i'm the best sniper on our team, people walk by within 2 or 3 feet of me without the ghillie... i'd love to see what i could get away with WITH one.

(Lackawanna County)

my friend made one for paintball like 5 years back. he used green, brown, tan, etc. 1'' burlap straps. i mean it wasnt perfect but dam, it did help a lot when we played in the woods.

(Lawrence County)

yeah i'm thinking of making one.. question though... how do you attach this to the bdu's? i mean i know some sort of netting is involved, but how do you get the netting on............ah screw it i'll just go look it up somewhere... lol

(Allegheny County)

"Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    i play a lot of paintball, and ghillie would be AWESOME to use instead of my bdu's. i have a camo bug net i put around my head, and that covers a lot of my mask and reflection, then i have my marker decked out in O.D., so i'm KINDA invisable... but with a ghillie it would be soooooooo much better.

right now i'm the best sniper on our team, people walk by within 2 or 3 feet of me without the ghillie... i'd love to see what i could get away with WITH one.
    There is no such thing as a sniper in paint ball. You can play slowly and be useless or you can play hard and help your team. Pretty much everything else is just a noob. Stand up, run and slide like a MAN! Paintballs are not accurate enough to "snipe" and playing "sniper" means you are hiding on the side and not completing the mission.

That said most fields have special rules for Ghille suits - No break needed, you get hit you are out NOW, no calling for a ref, no feeling around, get out and have a fun walk back

They are also heavy and extremly hot, make sure you have a good mask as it will most likely fog if you don't

You will probably do better getting a dark green colored mask, wearing a head covering and BDU's that match the terrain. I've played with some guys who were absolute GHOSTS and all they wore was dark clothing or clothing that blended in well with the terrain.

If you've every played with or against Knightmare Tengo you know what I'm talking about.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    There is no such thing as a sniper in paint ball. You can play slowly and be useless or you can play hard and help your team. Pretty much everything else is just a noob. Stand up, run and slide like a MAN! Paintballs are not accurate enough to "snipe" and playing "sniper" means you are hiding on the side and not completing the mission.

That said most fields have special rules for Ghille suits - No break needed, you get hit you are out NOW, no calling for a ref, no feeling around, get out and have a fun walk back

They are also heavy and extremly hot, make sure you have a good mask as it will most likely fog if you don't

You will probably do better getting a dark green colored mask, wearing a head covering and BDU's that match the terrain. I've played with some guys who were absolute GHOSTS and all they wore was dark clothing or clothing that blended in well with the terrain.

If you've every played with or against Knightmare Tengo you know what I'm talking about.

i play alot of capture the flag... i'm the guy guarding the flag most all the time... so i do complete the mission by not letting the opposing team snatch our flag....

there are games where i do run around like an idiot... but if i can get away with taking someone out when they walk by me... i'm going to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast