Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

(Monroe County)

Default Question

If I am driving to the new range in Stroudsburg or to the gamelands past Lehighton from my Kunkletown home do I need a permit?

Or am I safe just transporting my gun if it is locked in the trunk with the bullets separate?

It is one of those things that I didn't think about and now that I have read the sparse info on this site I need to know before I get into trouble.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Question

you're ok to the range and back, no stops. For all it takes to get a license I would recommend just getting one, $25 and it's good for 5 years then you don't have to worry about it.

(Monroe County)

Can a family member be one of your references or do my references have to be from outside your family?
    In NY you had to be a resident for longer than 6 months or a year before you could get one. I have been here a year now but did live in PA for many years before I moved out of state. So I guess I am good to go.
    Can we download the forms or do we need to go see our county sheriff? In my case in Monroe County.
    I wonder if a retired Philly police officer that was in charge of the gun range could be my reference? Though he did marry my Aunt (Dads sister) so he is a relative and is not from Monroe County.

(Delaware County)

The PAFOA Law tab at the top of your screen: http://www.pafoa.org/law has a lot of answers for you.

As for your county Sheriff web site, there seems to be a problem with that website, (I can't get the page to load from our "counties" links & could find a good Google link either) look them up in your phone book and call to ask your question. Most counties will not take relatives as a reference.

(Franklin County)

The LTCF application says "NOT FAMILY MEMBERS" directly above the reference section.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The LTCF application says "NOT FAMILY MEMBERS" directly above the reference section.
    Define family members...I used my LEO BIL as one of my references...or course, this was Westmoreland County...a little more "user friendly"
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Monroe County)

Monroe County requirements are 1 year as a PA resident, pass background check, and must have 2 residents employed in monroe county that you've known for atleast 1 year, but must not be family or live in the same house.

(Monroe County)

I might try but will probably ask the sheriff first if I would qualify. I have been living at my mom's since last week of December of 2007 but didn't get my drivers license transferred until february 2nd, 2008. I would wait until after February 2nd anyway. I do live in Kunkletown but I work in NJ so I am gone most of the day. I just am not sure I really need one yet and since I can't bring it out of state it may not be worth having just yet.
    I can probably get a couple of my brothers employees to sign or my niece's boyfriend if they live in & work in Monroe county that is.
    I guess I need to go over to my brother's house when he has the neighborhood watch program going and just see what things are happening in his neighborhood and get to know some people. Maybe there will even be a couple of Leos there.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Monroe County requirements are 1 year as a PA resident, pass background check, and must have 2 residents employed in monroe county that you've known for atleast 1 year, but must not be family or live in the same house.
    References do not have to be employed in Monroe County. By state law, they don't even have to reside in Monroe County; or PA for that matter.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tigertom65 View Post
    I might try but will probably ask the sheriff first if I would qualify. I have been living at my mom's since last week of December of 2007 but didn't get my drivers license transferred until february 2nd, 2008. I would wait until after February 2nd anyway. I do live in Kunkletown but I work in NJ so I am gone most of the day. I just am not sure I really need one yet and since I can't bring it out of state it may not be worth having just yet.
    I can probably get a couple of my brothers employees to sign or my niece's boyfriend if they live in & work in Monroe county that is.
    I guess I need to go over to my brother's house when he has the neighborhood watch program going and just see what things are happening in his neighborhood and get to know some people. Maybe there will even be a couple of Leos there.
    Community watch program? In Ktown? Is that like when a bunch of rednecks jump in the back of a truck and chase down deer that were eating the crops? hehe

I think you may have issues with the 1 year requirement unless you have proof that you've been here that long. It would probably save a lot of trouble to just wait until your license says 1 year

There is no reason NOT to get it (As soon you prove residency) its a very painless process, the worst part is the two drives up there.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast