Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Five protestors arrested at Phila. gun shop

Five protestors arrested at Phila. gun shop
    The Inquirer staff reports:

Five activists from the faith-based group Heeding God’s Call were arrested for protesting inside Colosimo’s Gun Center on Spring Garden Street in Philadelphia this afternoon.

The activists, who included the Rev. Isaac Miller of the Church of the Advocate, targeted the store over its refusal to sign a 10-point Code of Conduct to help stem illegal gun trafficking.

Police Capt. William Fisher of the department’s Civil Affairs Unit, said the activists could be charged with either misdemeanor trespassing or a summary offense.

The five are being taken to a district precinct at 21st and Hamilton Streets for processing.

Police gave the activists three verbal warnings to leave the store and when they refused they were handcuffed.

Activist Mimi Copp, 34, of West Philadelphia, said: “The violence is too much. We need to take bold steps and personal risk.”

Melissa DeLong, 28, of Camden, added, “I’d rather leave in a paddy wagon than see one more child in a coffin.”

Today’s action is part of a weeklong effort by Heeding God’s Call to stem gun violence, culminating in a 3:30 p.m. rally on Saturday that will start at Broad and Poplar and end at the gun shop at 9th and Spring Garden Streets.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news..._gun_shop.html
    Guns only have two enemies: rust and politicians.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Five protestors arrested at Phila. gun shop

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news..._gun_shop.html
    The Inquirer staff reports:

Five activists from the faith-based group Heeding God’s Call were arrested for protesting inside Colosimo’s Gun Center on Spring Garden Street in Philadelphia this afternoon.

The activists, who included the Rev. Isaac Miller of the Church of the Advocate, targeted the store over its refusal to sign a 10-point Code of Conduct to help stem illegal gun trafficking.

Police Capt. William Fisher of the department’s Civil Affairs Unit, said the activists could be charged with either misdemeanor trespassing or a summary offense.

The five are being taken to a district precinct at 21st and Hamilton Streets for processing.

Police gave the activists three verbal warnings to leave the store and when they refused they were handcuffed.

Activist Mimi Copp, 34, of West Philadelphia, said: “The violence is too much. We need to take bold steps and personal risk.”

Melissa DeLong, 28, of Camden, added, “I’d rather leave in a paddy wagon than see one more child in a coffin.”

Today’s action is part of a weeklong effort by Heeding God’s Call to stem gun violence, culminating in a 3:30 p.m. rally on Saturday that will start at Broad and Poplar and end at the gun shop at 9th and Spring Garden Streets.

(York County)

Default Re: Five protestors arrested at Phila. gun shop

See its these kind of people that make me look bad for being a christian. Also they should be at the courthouse or somewhere else fighting to get more severe punishments for gun-related offenses. 99.9% of all gun shop owners follow the law.

(Montgomery County)

I'm correct in assuming that their next place to protest is outside of the drug houses right. Why not hold an all weekend vigil where they shine flashlights on the dealers and "show the light of da lawwwwd" to them? I wonder how many of these "activists" have a Stop Snitching t shirt in their house.

(Chester County)

I guess they think it's easier to strong arm a private legal businessman to comply with their "code of conduct" than it is to make criminals "come to Jesus".
    http://tinyurl.com/y6jhwkw CLICK TO DONATE I'm riding again in 2010!

(Chester County)

I have a idea...... Instead of protesting a law abiding citizens business why dont they go protest the FNNNNNNN criminals using the "tools".

Do they protest a car dealer when a drunk driver kills someone?
    Do they protest Nordstroms when they sell a scarf that is used to strangle someone?
    Do they protest Bloomingdales each time someone is stabbed with a knife from the store.

These people are dumber than wood.

I appreciate civic action but this is just stupid.

(Montgomery County)

What a bunch of stupid assholes. Why don't they go try that shit with the people who are really responsible; the politicians, the lawyers, the judges, parole board members, etc.. Most of the violent crimes commited, are by losers who have records and should still be in jail.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Philadelphia County)

Last time I checked, criminals were not buying guns from gun shops.
    I was talking with the range master at Colosimo's about a week ago. He said that big wigs from the church called a meeting with Colosimo's in regards to gun violence in Philadelphia. The church sees the gun shops as the cause of gun violence in Philadelphia. They don't want to hear anything to the contrary.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Montgomery County)

What a bunch of mucking forons

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Montgomery County)

My post that I copied and pasted from a duplicate thread:

Edit: Mods merged threads. Nothing to see here. Move along. :-)
    Last edited by 625; January 15th, 2009 at 08:24 AM.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast