Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Carrying weapons into md

I have a work van I drive around all day in md. I hate being without my firearm. It bothers me to think something could happen on the way to work or home. I was considering carrying my weapon and dissarming when I got into md. My plan was to drop the magazine, lock the gun in its factory case. And put that into a plastic file case. The mag I would place elsewhere. But after looking into md law. I don't want to serve up to 3 years in prison. I wouldn't be able to say I was on my way to the range being its a work van with company name and everything. So what about carrying my K-bar. I would mount the sheath to the divider by my seat. Is that legal? I hate md.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Carrying weapons into md

The only way you'd be protected in MD with your gun is under the Federal Transportation Law and since you're destination isn't to a state that honors your permit you're breaking the law.

(Franklin County)

Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(York County)

Well thats that. In MD I must become completly helpless to remain a law abiding citizen. I don't know what else to say. I only now think seriously about bringing some form of weapon with me because a coworker that lives in MD was carjacked last night. I am not sure what happened but I feel real vulnerable in MD. If something happens to me in MD I wonder if a rep. from MD will come to PA to console my wife due to me not being able to defend myself? I know what your thinking get a job in Pa. I can't make enough up here. Oh well thanks for gnbrotz for the law.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I live in MD and am female and am alone alot, think of how I feel! I've been invited to hunt deer on crop damage permits, but the location requires a bit of a drive into more populated areas and deeper into the state. My other problem is gun stores. Here if its a handgun or EBR you have to go to the store twice. Most all the gun stores are an hour away from me and in populated areas. 1 is closer, but is in a super populated area that has had an increase in crime due to the light rail trains. The closest one rural is 30 mins 1way and has had some bad stuff said about them lately. Now how am I to buy guns and be safe? LOL, it's crazy! ( well it keeps me from spending all my money on guns...)I have to rely on my wits, as I have always done. I survived the city. However I will say that I refuse to go to any built up areas anymore unless I really have to. I have to really want something that is there- like buying guns!

And if something does happen to you and you survive it, I'd say to raise hell. Susan Hupp did it in Texas. There are lots of legal gun owners in MD who will have your back. This state is not all a bunch of pansy libtards, but the pansy libtards control it. However the balance can be changed with the right efforts.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

Another thought. I am an electrician in the service department. Sometimes I have to do service calls in places around sinclair lane, marovia rd. And other nasty places. One time I showed to do a service call and about 15 min. before I showed up there was a shooting one block away. I told my boss he needs to see about getting ccw's in md. I thought maybe due to the amount of tools and everthing inside the van we may qualify. When it is after hours I do carry. I feel that I do not have a choice.

(Schuylkill County)

If your destination is in MD, and it's not a range, etc. then you will not be OK unloading your handgun and locking it up. You would be OK if it was a shotgun or rifle.

In the mean time, we're trying to work on our legislators to incorporate "Shall Issue" in MD. Since you work down here, it would help if our legislators heard from you about your concerns and desire to use your right to CC in MD just like you lawfully do in PA. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=13781

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by vette97 View Post
    If your destination is in MD, and it's not a range, etc. then you will not be OK unloading your handgun and locking it up. You would be OK if it was a shotgun or rifle.

In the mean time, we're trying to work on our legislators to incorporate "Shall Issue" in MD. Since you work down here, it would help if our legislators heard from you about your concerns and desire to use your right to CC in MD just like you lawfully do in PA. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=13781
    I'm checking out that site now. We have a good number of folks who travel to visit family and friends in MD on this board. I would love to see all of us work on helping to change things down there. I know at least two members who went down there around Thanksgiving and were about 20 minutes from me and my folks.

I would love to be able to remain armed while I am traveling to my parent's home.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by vette97 View Post

My parrents live in Cecil County and my father has written his legislator about this issue and in making maryland a shall issue state. I belive there is proposed legislation to do so in the MD house. This is our best bet in getting any sort of carry right in MD. It would be great if we got reciprocity also

(York County)

I also work in md and am in the same boat with the job thing too. NOONE in PA can come anywhere near what i am making in MD. When I fill out applications the owners say " Jesus you make more than I do" and they cant touch it. So I continue to commute every day UNARMED and i hate it. MD SUX !!!!!!!!! I make sure I do not leave them ANY of my money if at all possible. They ignore my rights so I ignore them screw em.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast