Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Science Confirms: We're Awesome

Science Confirms: We're Awesome

Human beings are "SUPERPREDATORS" substantially driving the evolution of other animals, and at a faster than natural pace, by hunting the crap out of them and bending them to our superpredatory wills.

Hey, polar bears?

You're welcome.

Thanks to Arthur.

Posted by: Ace at 06:49 PM
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

Default Re: Science Confirms: We're Awesome

I was always brought to deep thought by the description of humans in the Matrix .....

Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.

Makes you think

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.
    I think Smith is full of it. The vast majority of species that ever existed are now extinct, and most of them went that way before humans arrived on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    I think Smith is full of it. The vast majority of species that ever existed are now extinct, and most of them went that way before humans arrived on the scene.
    Sorry I tend to disagree as does just about every American Indian out there. I have always been fascinated by their beliefs and their reverence of 'mother earth'. They only took what they needed to survive and gave back whenever they could and always thanked the 'spirit' of the earth for what they were able to take. Not such a bad way of thinking, too bad the 'white man' never thought that way of either the Earth or the Indians.

(Lawrence County)

Sorry I tend to disagree as does just about every American Indian out there. I have always been fascinated by their beliefs and their reverence of 'mother earth'. They only took what they needed to survive and gave back whenever they could and always thanked the 'spirit' of the earth for what they were able to take. Not such a bad way of thinking, too bad the 'white man' never thought that way of either the Earth or the Indians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby
    With all due respect, and i do mean.... with all due respect, I didn't realize you'd gotten experimental surgery to get your balls removed.
    hahaha. sorry had to do it.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Beaver County)

O.O

I do kind of agree with Smith. We will be the destruction of our planet... Be it over population, nuclear war, or some unknown yet effect that we will trigger... We are a danger to ourselves and to others.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    O.O

I do kind of agree with Smith. We will be the destruction of our planet... Be it over population, nuclear war, or some unknown yet effect that we will trigger... We are a danger to ourselves and to others.
    Speechless....just speechless.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Speechless....just speechless.
    LOL... We have countries now that can not support themselves, with citizens dieing in the streets of starvation. We wont have that in this country as a widespread issue do to our welfare system....but its out there. And what if....what if a nuclear full scale war would happen. It would be the end of the human race, or damn close. I feel that the world can only absorb and heal so much from the stress placed on it.This isn't something I dwell on or give much thought to...but its out there to ponder.

I was always brought to deep thought by the description of humans in the Matrix .....
    I always found that to be a thought provoking quote as well - particualarly as it applies to the notion of dysgenics. A virus continually mutates to be more and more effective (in this case, destructive).

Tie that in to the theory that the "universe" is nothing but an atom or cell in some larger "thing" and it gets really interesting. Like earth/humanity is a cancerous cell.

Certainly nothing I subscribe to per se, but undoubtedly interesting to think about.

(Bucks County)

Earth has existed for billions of years and will be here for billions more. The Chicken Little rantings are the cause of 99% of the problems. Anyone besides me sick of all the negativity?
    All the global crisis-es could be solved overnight if the media would just accentuate the positive. But they have their agenda. I've been hearing the "man is evil" banter all my life and it's a wonder the perpetuators haven't just committed mass suicide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast