Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SHTF Bag

Default SHTF Bag

Ok Let me preface this thread by saying this is NOT a Bug-Out bag suggestion forum (We'll get into that later...). I'm just wondering what my fellow PAFOA members carry with them daily in case of a SHTF scenario, Zombie apocalypse, Act of Domestic terrorism, invasion by Koala bears, etc.

I Pack my Camelbak HAWG (military model, not civilian) with the following:

From top left:
    -3 4.25 oz Emergency water rations
    -One Mayday 2400 kcal Food Ration
    -One G19 mag (loaded)
    -One 50 rd box S&B 115gr FMJ
    -One pack of Orange PEZ (yes, PEZ! Sugar=Energy)
    -One emergency space blanket
    -2 AA batteries
    -Water purification tabs (For 100oz bladder in Camelbak)
    -Butane lighter w built-in LED
    -Sharpie
    -10x25 Binoculars
    -Folding Buck knife (1/2 serrated)
    -LED AA Flashlight
    -Compass
    -QR Topical Powder (Basic styptic/Quick clot; hurts like hell but works)
    -Load bearing carabiner
    -Handkercheif

I always have my bag in my trunk no matter where I go, and rarely alter the contents. This is what I typically carry when hiking, geocaching, hunting, etc. My GPS would be in the bag as well, but it took a s**t so I'm looking for a replacement unit right now.
    I usually add actual perishable food when doing these activities, and always have my G19 on me. I do have a bug out kit(not exactly a bag) at home that is much more comprehensive, but since I don't know too many people that carry that kind of gear daily I was wondering if anyone else practices this philosophy?
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

Default Re: SHTF Bag

I still have my Y2K pack out.
    AK-47- then I can take what I need.

No really for the hurricanes down here I have extra batteries, bottle water right before, a large cooler to pack the fridge in, and plenty of charcoal.
    Yea and the AK. If it would be too much (hits NC or north as a cat3) We would bug out to PA.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

I keep a diaper bag in the truck for a SHTF bag. If I were to have to leave the truck to hoof it the diaper bag will be a less tempting target to steal. Who's going to waste the effort or take the risk to steal diapers? But a bag that looks like a backpack would also look like it might have in it a lot of the things people would want when the SHTF. A baby carrier on the front of you could hold a lot of ammo and maybe a MRI or two if also wrapped in a baby blanket.

Be prepared but don't look prepared.

(Union County)

Default Rite now?-Two Actually.

I have a Get Home Bag packed pretty similar to yours that is ALWAYS w/ me when i leave home for any signif. distance. I also have a winter emergency bag in the Jeep right now as well- LBE w/its essential components, warm dry clothes, some food & water, winter sleeping bag and more that i can't think of w/o looking in it again....

but then again, my commute is 40 miles one way....Yeah, farther than i WANNA walk if things get BAD but I'd be better off walking home prepared than not....I SHOULD throw a small portable raft in there too since I have to cross the mighty Susq. daily

Be safe(and PREPARED!)

-Toby
    Girls, Guns and Gears......What more could you ask for in life?!

(Northumberland County)

Whats with the Pez???
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    I keep a diaper bag in the truck for a SHTF bag. If I were to have to leave the truck to hoof it the diaper bag will be a less tempting target to steal. Who's going to waste the effort or take the risk to steal diapers? But a bag that looks like a backpack would also look like it might have in it a lot of the things people would want when the SHTF. A baby carrier on the front of you could hold a lot of ammo and maybe a MRI or two if also wrapped in a baby blanket.

Be prepared but don't look prepared.
    Now thats using your head and I think a stained diaper on top would clinch the ruse ( not joking ) doesn't have to be the real thing , mustard works
    Rep your way
    Last edited by notenoughguns; January 14th, 2009 at 02:10 PM.
    DAN

Add some paracord to that pack.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post
    Whats with the Pez???
    Everybody loves PEZ!
    One of the first things I was taught about "Non-violent crisis intervention" from my Gunny was "when you run into a situation where the SOB is either bigger than you, badder than you, or you simply don't have time to f**k him up, walk up to him and say "PEZ!" as you hold out a dispenser. He's gonna think you're out of you F**kin gourd, and if you're that nuts he won't f**k with you. He WILL, however, take a PEZ! F**kin delicious!"
    -Just gave away a trade secret, but I know it's for the greater good!

Besides Orange PEZ are delicious.... God I hope this thread stays on topic & doesn't turn into a PEZ-fest......

Quote Originally Posted by Lazylaser View Post
    Add some paracord to that pack.
    Nice! Can't believe I forgot to add 550 cord. Duct tape might not be a bad idea. Works great as a bandage too. Rep sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter9x19 View Post
    Ok Let me preface this thread by saying this is NOT a Bug-Out bag suggestion forum (We'll get into that later...). I'm just wondering what my fellow PAFOA members carry with them daily in case of a SHTF scenario, Zombie apocalypse, Act of Domestic terrorism, invasion by Koala bears, etc.

I Pack my Camelbak HAWG (military model, not civilian) with the following:

From top left:
    -3 4.25 oz Emergency water rations
    -One Mayday 2400 kcal Food Ration
    -One G19 mag (loaded)
    -One 50 rd box S&B 115gr FMJ
    -One pack of Orange PEZ (yes, PEZ! Sugar=Energy)
    -One emergency space blanket
    -2 AA batteries
    -Water purification tabs (For 100oz bladder in Camelbak)
    -Butane lighter w built-in LED
    -Sharpie
    -10x25 Binoculars
    -Folding Buck knife (1/2 serrated)
    -LED AA Flashlight
    -Compass
    -QR Topical Powder (Basic styptic/Quick clot; hurts like hell but works)
    -Load bearing carabiner
    -Handkercheif

I always have my bag in my trunk no matter where I go, and rarely alter the contents. This is what I typically carry when hiking, geocaching, hunting, etc. My GPS would be in the bag as well, but it took a s**t so I'm looking for a replacement unit right now.
    I usually add actual perishable food when doing these activities, and always have my G19 on me. I do have a bug out kit(not exactly a bag) at home that is much more comprehensive, but since I don't know too many people that carry that kind of gear daily I was wondering if anyone else practices this philosophy?
    Can't think of anything other than a multi-tool and duct tape.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast