Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Savage 10-FP Finally Range Ready!

The scope came in yesterday, and I got it mounted up last night. I really like this Bushnell 3200 Elite Tactical. It's really bright and very clear. So much so I just got off the phone with Bruno's and ordered another one for my Savage 12-F/TR. The only problem I had was the 6-48 tapped holes were full of crud, and no way I could get the screws for the bases in. I took it to a local gunsmith and he told me he had a heck of a time cleaning them out. He had to charge me for the tap he used because it really dulled it beyond further use. I wish Savage would use plug screws on the models they coat with whatever it is they use. I had no such issues with the screws on the 12-F/TR. They went right in. The Burris Signature Zee Rings are a pleasure to work with. They really hold nice and tight without having to lap. Another thing I've found is once you get the reticle adjusted nice and straight, it will stay put without moving. Just tighten away and you're done. The bases are Burris Extreme Tactical Steel. I won't get a chance to get out to the range until next week, but that is fine because by then I'll have the 12-F/TR scoped and range ready as well. I've got a half dozen handloads prepared. I'm anxious to see how they both print. For anyone who is interested Bruno's has the best price on these Bushnell's. Bill T.

http://www.brunoshooters.com/

(York County)

Default Re: Savage 10-FP Finally Range Ready!

Awesome! I like the table too!

Looks very good. I'm a HUGE fan of the Bushnell Elite's, especially the 4200's. Either way the 3200's look great, and it kills me too when you gotta pay so much more for a 4200 with tactical turrets and a side focus. I'm glad that you like the scope, they're tough as they are clear, you know that's saying A LOT. Can't wait to see a range report.

This is one of the best things I like about the Burris Signature Rings. You have all but unlimited adjustability without being forced to live with a tapered base. You also can adjust laterally and diagonally as well. Really makes everything less of a headache, and less expensive as well. The Posi-Align Offset Inserts are only $10.00 a set. Bill T.

(York County)

Nice , I just got a 111 in 30-06. I only took it to the range once to fire it and so far I like it. My groups could have been better but I was using cheap remington 185 grainers I believe cor lokt.... when I got home that night I was checking the remaining live rounds out and they where all over the place with OAL and 6 out of 20 in one box I was able to pull the bullets out , they were crimped , fairly easily by hand. So next time I go I will either have some nice handloads totry out or if i dont have time to load any I will just grab a box of something a bit better. Ive alos been looking at other scopes too , found a nice leupold I like in the new cabelas sale magazine.

Hey make sure you get back to us after you take it to the range!

Very nice rifle, looks identical to my model 11.

(Centre County)

very nice.... can't wait to order mine!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post

have all but unlimited adjustability without bThis is one of the best things I like about the Burris Signature Rings. You eing forced to live with a tapered base. You also can adjust laterally and diagonally as well. Really makes everything less of a headache, and less expensive as well. The Posi-Align Offset Inserts are only $10.00 a set. Bill T.
    I agree with Billt if you have not tried the Burris Posi-align rings you should.

Here are some pictures of the Savage 12-F/TR scoped out and ready to go to the range, hopefully tomorrow. As you can see I went with the Bushnell 3200 Elite Tactical 5-15X on it as well. I really liked the clarity, quality, and price. The Burris Extreme Steel Tactical Bases show up as a almost gun metal grey color for some reason, but they are very similar to the rings in color and finish to the naked eye.

Kind of a crappy through the lens shot of the reticle. It almost looks segmented because it isn't straight and vertical in the photo, causing the pixel blocking you see. Time for a better camera.

Really weird how the bases look so grey. For some reason the color saturation isn't as profound.

Overall I'm pleased how they both mounted up. Just enough clearance for the front lens covers. Hopefully, the next photos will be of some nice targets! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Bill T.

(Northampton County)

Billt that is some very nice stuff. I wish I had the money kicking around to set up a nice rifle like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast