Former White House intern, Monica Lewinsky, has announced her intention to seek the Senate Seat being vacated by Secretary of State Designate Hillary Clinton.

"After all", Ms. Lewinsky is reported to have said, "It wouldn't be the first time I picked up where Hillary had left off."

Of course, it was pointed out to Monica that she faced stiff opposition from Caroline Kennedy, to which she commented: "So what? Her name is no more well known than mine, and, at least, I earned my reputation performing services for the Government!"

"Kennedy, Scmennidy", said Ms. Lewinsky: "Tell Caroline for me: nice try, but no cigar!"

Monica appeared before the press wearing a pretty, but somewhat dated, blue dress. When asked about it, she said: "I wore this for luck because it brings back fond memories of my time in Government service."

The Senatorial hopeful announced she has sought a private, closed-door meeting, with Governor Patterson, so she can make him aware of her unique qualifications for the job.

Off the record, she admitted to the press that she wants to fill this vacancy so badly she would get down on her knees in front of the Governor to plead her case.

Monica expressed her hope that, as a Senator, she might be able to secure a post on the Government Relations Committee. "After all," she said, "that is my real area of expertise."

"I wonder where Caroline Kennedy would fit in this picture," asked Monica. We don't really have a committee called the 'Prematurely Aging Airhead with a Famous Name' Committee!"

When asked what her first official act would be if she received the appointment, Monica responded: "That depends on what you mean by "official".