Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default GSSF: anyone here shoot it?

I was wondering if anyone here participates in the Glock Shooting sports foundation competitions?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: GSSF: anyone here shoot it?

Yes,

GSSF is a very friendly 4 stage match. Depending on day and time you may have to wait 30-45 minutes to shoot a stage OR when you walk up they are ready for you. Take all your Glocks. The Glock gun smith will check them for you. Most times they do repairs/parts free of charge. Enjoy.

(Chester County)

I have done 3 different GSSF shoots at Topton PA, Jackson NJ and in Maryland ( like Waldorf area I think ) - Wide level of caliber of shooters and guns ( saw some pretty tricked out Glocks in the "unlimited" class ). Several of the matches were really busy, so I did alot more standing than shooting - But that was a chance to BS with other shooters -

stress level is really low - and the range SO's are all great ( very patient ) - my wife will shoot these matches because they start from the "low ready" position not from a holster ( just cant find a really comfortable holster for her )

It's not IDPA or IPSC, it is its own game - It worth trying at least once if you have the glock

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by workingmanjeff View Post
    I have done 3 different GSSF shoots at Topton PA, Jackson NJ and in Maryland ( like Waldorf area I think )
    I've shot all those matches at one time or another too as well as Richmond, VA once or twice. In the last two years I've only shot at Topton.

stress level is really low - and the range SO's are all great ( very patient )
    That's for sure. I can only comment on the Topton RO's since that's the only match I've shot recently. They are all very professional and did everything they could to move the match along.

It's not IDPA or IPSC, it is its own game - It worth trying at least once if you have the glock
    If you already shoot IDPA or IPSC it might be a little slow and not very interesting. GSSF is really taylored to newer shooters. If you've never shot a match before, GSSF is a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Disbrow View Post
    Take all your Glocks. The Glock gun smith will check them for you. Most times they do repairs/parts free of charge. Enjoy.
    +1 on that. I had an armorer at a match replace damn near everything in the slide and frame in an old Glock 21 I had. Didn't pay a dime.

The only other thing I can add, and the only complaint I have about GSSF is the deck is really stacked against you if you're not shooting a 9mm or .40 S&W. The first year or two I shot GSSF matches with a G21 .45 because it was the only Glock I had. I couldn't keep up with the 9's and .40's in the amateur civilian division. Now I only shoot my G17 or G23.
    Last edited by Karys; January 16th, 2009 at 08:23 PM.

(Delaware County)

I shoot it. It is a lot of fun, but different than the action sports. You have to get good hits but you better do it as fast as you can.

Ted

(Monroe County)

I also shoot the topton match. it is alot of fun some waiting though.

Missed it last year will be there this year.

does anyone here take advantage of the gunsmith when they go to the shoot? I need to get my sites fixed and was wondering if I should just wait.

I have nite sites that are getting very dim.