Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will power fail

(Berks County)

Default Will power fail

After just getting a new mattress, a new comfy sealy posture pedic, I went and got myself kicked out of it.

I was off to the gunshop to purchase some items, even had a list. I wanted 2 or 3 Lithium 123 batteries, maybe a Lancer 30 rd AR mag, wanted to look at drop down leg holsters that would accomidate a light, a box or two of PMC .223 maybe a box of .45 and of course to see if they had any M1A's in yet. Been saving a while now for the gun of my dreams and am mostly *correction* was mostly there.

I strolled through the door and it was packed! WTH I thought to myself, "doesn't everybody realize its snowing outside?" Then of course I notice that I myself ignored the weather to be there. After a few people cleared out I was spotted and an evil grin came on the face of the man responsible for my situation.

"I knew you'd be around sooner than later." Smirked the evil salesmen.

"Well I do try and make sure this economy isn't hurtin you too bad."

"I hope you are faring just as well, cause I'm gonna need another contribution."

The old wretched man hobbled to the back and came out a short time later with paperwork and a pistol.

"Whats this?" I asked waiting for him to open the box.

"I'm waiting on an M1A not a pistol."

Not paying the least bit of attention to me, he opened the box and laid in front of me something I had forgotten about.

"After you bought your 1911 from me you asked me if I ever got a police trade in on a 92fs to tell you."

There sat before me eyes the very pistol my Uncle had helped design. Knowing I could not afford a new one and really just wanting one on a whim, I did ask him that very question many moons ago.

"Whats the damage?" I asked indicating the little white tag on the trigger guard.

"Well I'd say about $300, and I'll throw in two mags."

Biting down on my fist as if someone was ripping my fingernails off with pliers I witnessed something extraordinary. Without even reaching back into my wallet my debt card found itself on the counter, and before I realized what I was doing the paperwork was completed. My only hope at this point was that the PSP would realize that I am risking a perfectly good night sleep and am in no proper mind to be doing so. No dice, I walked out to my jeep with a bag containing 3, 123 lith bats, 2, 15 rd mags, 1 box of American Eagle 9mm, 1 box of Speer Gold Dots, and 1 Pietro Beretta 92fs police consignment. I slung my head low and drove home slowly and in shame.

When I got home I took my lashings, slipped upstairs and sat quietly cleaning my new purchase.

Isabella...

Wood grips on a PD model? Could it have been carried by a detective?
    The front and rear strap have been bead blasted (poorly) so refinishing is a must. All the internal parts are amazing, it wouldn't surprise me to learn this gun was only fired during qualifications. Lots of holster wear but new internal wear.

I'm thinking about bead blasting the rest of the frame and re blueing the slide. Maybe even bead blasting the barrel to make for some nice contrast. The grips must go but I am not sure what I want to replace them with.

Default Re: Will power fail

Nice gun, now for the batteries, I would go online, 12, 15 and even 24 packs probably cost as much as you paid for 3 X 3v 123 Lithium photo cell batteries in a store.

Quote Originally Posted by JDePietro View Post
    After just getting a new mattress, a new comfy sealy posture pedic, I went and got myself kicked out of it.

I was off to the gunshop to purchase some items, even had a list. I wanted 2 or 3 Lithium 123 batteries, maybe a Lancer 30 rd AR mag, wanted to look at drop down leg holsters that would accomidate a light, a box or two of PMC .223 maybe a box of .45 and of course to see if they had any M1A's in yet. Been saving a while now for the gun of my dreams and am mostly *correction* was mostly there.

I strolled through the door and it was packed! WTH I thought to myself, "doesn't everybody realize its snowing outside?" Then of course I notice that I myself ignored the weather to be there. After a few people cleared out I was spotted and an evil grin came on the face of the man responsible for my situation.

"I hope you are faring just as well, cause I'm gonna need another contribution."

The old wretched man hobbled to the back and came out a short time later with paperwork and a pistol.

Not paying the least bit of attention to me, he opened the box and laid in front of me something I had forgotten about.

"After you bought your 1911 from me you asked me if I ever got a police trade in on a 92fs to tell you."

There sat before me eyes the very pistol my Uncle had helped design. Knowing I could not afford a new one and really just wanting one on a whim, I did ask him that very question many moons ago.

"Whats the damage?" I asked indicating the little white tag on the trigger guard.

Biting down on my fist as if someone was ripping my fingernails off with pliers I witnessed something extraordinary. Without even reaching back into my wallet my debt card found itself on the counter, and before I realized what I was doing the paperwork was completed. My only hope at this point was that the PSP would realize that I am risking a perfectly good night sleep and am in no proper mind to be doing so. No dice, I walked out to my jeep with a bag containing 3, 123 lith bats, 2, 15 rd mags, 1 box of American Eagle 9mm, 1 box of Speer Gold Dots, and 1 Pietro Beretta 92fs police consignment. I slung my head low and drove home slowly and in shame.

When I got home I took my lashings, slipped upstairs and sat quietly cleaning my new purchase.

Isabella...

The front and rear strap have been bead blasted (poorly) so refinishing is a must. All the internal parts are amazing, it wouldn't surprise me to learn this gun was only fired during qualifications. Lots of holster wear but new internal wear.

I'm thinking about bead blasting the rest of the frame and re blueing the slide. Maybe even bead blasting the barrel to make for some nice contrast. The grips must go but I am not sure what I want to replace them with.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Berks County)

$2.95 a battery for the 123's cheapest I have seen them online was $2.50 plus $3 S+H, and I would have had to buy 10. Although sooner or later I hope to have 10 or more I don't think I got hosed too bad.

Isabella...

I wish you would do one thing? Consider also
    re-doing the wood grips. Plastic & rubber any other
    man made materials work but they have NO PERSONALITY
    I''m 52 years old so growing there were nothing but wood
    for firearm furniture. Later in my adult years when synthetic
    came along on grips, stocks etc.. I was in love..OMGod I thought
    because it was so different & almost evil like they call the Ar15
    The Black Evil Rifle.

So years & years went by & I have so many
    black synthetic firearms that most people say: What the fuck
    do you have so many firearms for? So just a few months ago
    I woke up like waking up from a dream by a slap in the face.

All of a sudden I viewed a 1911 Kimber with Rosewood grips
    And it slaped me again..DAM that is pretty so I ran to my local
    firearm supplier & purchased a Kimber 1911. What happened
    is all of a sudden I yearned for a Classic Looking Firearm
    & I think most would agree you can not get that look from
    plastic.

Just as you can't get that look from any modern
    new age firearm. 1911's are unique & the wood is as beautiful
    as it gets. !911's also have something other firearms don't.
    They are not personal, unique it's almost like it's a living
    & breathing pet, in regards to having a relationship
    with a pistol.

Example: If you've got a Glock & I've got 3 & for
    it being something that you know will be there & protect
    you like dog, till death to you part. There's NO doubt
    that when you pull the trigger..it goes bang & this dis-regarding
    any freaky failure. So what I'm saying is the wood grips
    are real special to it's appeal. Take them away & it's just
    what everyone else's looks like.

So consider that before you butcher It by removing
    it's manhood!

(Cambria County)

Ok i assume you got kicked out of bed for buying the gun... same happened to me , only over an Ak-47. BUT.... i must cite something i found on the internet one time.

Top Ten Reasons to have a Gun instead of a Woman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#10.) You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9.) You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8.) If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let
    you try it out a few times.

#7.) Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6.) Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5.) A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4.) Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3.) A gun doesn't ask, "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2.) A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the number one reason a gun is favored over a woman....

#1.) YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN!

By the way i must agree with a previous poster, i am a fan of the wood grips and that probably would have sold me on the firearm alone. But, its your gun, you preference. ENJOY!!!!!!!

(Venango County)

$2.95 a battery for the 123's cheapest I have seen them online was $2.50 plus $3 S+H, and I would have had to buy 10. Although sooner or later I hope to have 10 or more I don't think I got hosed too bad.
    sounds like those batteries cost you about $400...LOL

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Berks County)

I have to say that the pictures make the wood look better than it is. To be honest I really have never tried, nor do I have the know how, to properly restore those grips.

I really don't know what I'm gonna do with the pistol at all. Its really, really big and I don't know how in the world I could conceal the thing for carry. I do not want to over modify the firearm for compition I like it how it is. I've heard that the Raven Phantom holsters can do miracles but it would still be a feat to get this thing hidden.

If anyone carries a 92 I would love to know how, and also if anyone knows some tricks for restoring the grips I'm all ears.

(Chester County)

Beautiful gun, great purchase. Enjoy the Beretta, it will give you less headaches in the future.
    "Cause remember: no matter where you go.....there you are" ---Buckaroo Banzai

(Mifflin County)

You didn't look hard enough online. $1 each or slightly less if you buy in bulk. Now, buying 1 or 2 at a time, and shipping is going to kill you. 10+ at a time and you're saving money.

(Wayne County)

This may seem like heresy to some. I'd leave it as is. Not just the stocks, all of it. That thing has earned the right to look like that. It has personality. If done well, it will look like a new pistol. If done poorly, it will look tacky and you will resent it.

I have my deceased mother's Savage Sporter .22 bolt action that she used to shoot with on the school rifle team back in the early '50s. It was darkened with age and showed every scratch that my mom put on it from hard use as a farm girl in rural PA mid-20th century. My dad got a hair brained idea to refinish the stock about 10 years ago and tried it himself. It looks like one of those maturing ladies who hang out at the hotel by the airport on karaoke night trying to regain their youth.

I feel kinda sad for that rifle now and don't use it as much as I should.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast