Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Obama's Compulsory (mandatory/forced) National Service

Let me start by saying I did a forum search for duplicate and or related topics and found nothing. My bad if I missed something, just nuke this thread.

"Here's how it would work. Young people will know that between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five, the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service. They'll be asked to report for three months of basic civil defense training in their state or community, where they will learn what to do in the event of biochemical, nuclear or conventional attack; how to assist others in an evacuation; how to respond when a levee breaks or we're hit by a natural disaster. These young people will be available to address their communities' most pressing needs."

“Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year.”

But it is NOT JUST FOR KIDS, there will be an elderly core aswell:
    “Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.”

Rahm Emanuel, wants compulsory service imposed on eighteen and twenty-five year old Americans. “They’ll be asked to report for three months of basic civil defense training in their state or community”

Obama said in July of last year, “a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded” as the U.S. military. In the speech, Obama said “People of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to serve.” He also said this mass movement requiring servitude “will be a central cause of my presidency.”

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2008/...not-draft.html

http://www.tuccille.com/blog/2008/11...-your-ass.html

http://change.gov/americaserves/

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-...comes-explicit

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-...tional-service

There's probably a lot more links and sources I am leaving out, but honestly I got my firefox tabs jumbled. Just google it if you want any more info.

And finally, heres the video of the Assault weapons ban pusher and NAFTA spearheader talking about this national draft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdwrU3Csi1E

I think this is a very serious issue, and I look forward to getting your opinions on it.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Obama's Compulsory (mandatory/forced) National Service

*nevermind*

I resolved to abstain from political threads these year on PAFOA. How am I doing so far?
    So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

(Northumberland County)

I've commented on this issue, but never a thread topic about it.

I think its great for places like Israel under the constant real threat of attack where the entire nation may need to fight for its very existance. But here? I think its just another way to brainwash the younger generation into thinking they are "helping" the government when the .gov goes COMPLETELY corrupt and tries to control the entire population.

"Hey, civilian corps... help round up those evil firearms and the right wing nuts who think they need to possess those evil firearms!"
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Chester County)

If he wants to issue everyone a F/A weapon to be trained with and keep in the time of need, then I'm all for it.

If all he's looking for is slave labor to fill sandbags and direct traffic during a flood, let him go to the prisons and find it. I bet there's thousands of inmates who'd be more than willing to spend a few days outside, no matter what the weather's like or how hard the work is.

Too late Osama.....I'm already in the ZRT, sector 7!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    If he wants to issue everyone a F/A weapon to be trained with and keep in the time of need, then I'm all for it.

If all he's looking for is slave labor to fill sandbags and direct traffic during a flood, let him go to the prisons and find it. I bet there's thousands of inmates who'd be more than willing to spend a few days outside, no matter what the weather's like or how hard the work is.
    yeah I know there have been threads on the national domestic civilian security force, but now, or this at least, sounds like mandatory WORK BRIGADES they're talking about (for old people too?). I could definitely see this happening if the economy gets bad enough. Work-eat? Would this be in addition to your 8hr job at work?

(Monroe County)

He's not going to make everyone do it. Just you.
    Grab a broom and start sweeping I-80. Be sure to go west to east, north to south, or he'll make you do it over.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lehigh County)

This is an iffy one for me.

On paper this sounds like a "Good" idea. Having this type of setup is probably way more beneficial then our current system. Plus if we can get more people working to help with a disaster or an attack, recovery could be much quicker and the loss of life reduced.
    I fully agree with community service, I did it when I was in H.S. as part of a mandate for graduation. And it benefits the person doing the service with real world experience and the organizations can utilize the help to better the community.

In reality though I fully understand peoples concerns of what it would be used to promote. But also on the flip side, training people in basic firearms handling similar to what CMP does could have a beneficial aspect of introducing gun safety and proper handling to everyone. 99% of the anti gun people I know fear the gun because they are either misinformed or do not understand how it works.

Let the flames begin....

Rob

(Cambria County)

I'm just laughing out loud right now. The sounds of twisting necks and contorted faces coming from so many of those people who have expressed support for mandatory military service (i.e. conscription) who are now falling all over themselves with contempt and disgust for this plan is hilarious. See, everything sounds like a good idea, until your enemy gets a hold of it (Patriot Act, conscription, warrantless wiretaps etc...).

May you live in interesting times....how true.

Aside from my little fun moment, I think Stampede Valkyrie hit the nail on the head; this looks great on paper, but there are concerns (some very real, some imagined but still entertaining) that come along with giving the government such access to our citizens as part of a legal requirement. People bitch about public schools...wait until they get a load of this.

(Berks County)

Yeah, gonna have to go with 'terrible idea' on this one. Govt' funding and support for all-voulenteer organizations to help out during a local crisis (read CERT), heck Im all for it. Key word though is voulenteer. I oppose mandatory servitude to the fed just like I opposed the mandatory 50hrs community service my local high school required, or else it would withhold a diploma for 6 months after graduation.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast