Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: PM9

(Jefferson County)

Default PM9

Just picked up a Kahr PM9 for my daughter. With the issues with barrel peening, I hope we have made a good choice. Daughter liked the shorter barrel length of the PM9 but likes the grip better that the extended mag offers. Her call, she will be the one carrying it. Didn't have a P9 to compare to but we compared size with the CW40. She still kept on coming back to the PM9. She is having some problems with racking the slide and with the slide release. Hope things will loosen up a bit with shooting it. If not, we may have to look for something else for her. I know for sure that she is not a fan of the revolver. Will report later after we get some rounds down range.

(Chester County)

Default Re: PM9

Not sure if this is good news or bad, I have a K-40 and after 5 years and 1000s of rounds later slide is still hard to pull back. Not hard for me ( large adult male ) , but my wife and pre teen son struggle to work it - the slide stop will get easier to push though.

Glad your daughter is exercising her 2nd amendment rights

Jeff

(Dauphin County)

Congrats on her new baby. I'm sure she'll be happy. The slide can be stiff, and if she is trying to work it just to break it in and get used to it, make sure there is a magazine in place (empty of course!), because the slide release works easier with a mag in.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Congrats on her new baby. I'm sure she'll be happy. The slide can be stiff, and if she is trying to work it just to break it in and get used to it, make sure there is a magazine in place (empty of course!), because the slide release works easier with a mag in.
    Not being a toolbag but I have found the exact opposite of this to be true. Maybe they're all different. On a loaded mag or w/o a mag in place has felt much easier for me.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    Not being a toolbag but I have found the exact opposite of this to be true. Maybe they're all different. On a loaded mag or w/o a mag in place has felt much easier for me.
    You're right. I can't believe I messed that up. Sorry for the bad info., it is easier w/ a loaded mag or no mag.

(Jefferson County)

Finally got out to shoot this little gun. Unfortunatlly, my daughter had to go into work for a few hrs so she'll have to wait until tomorrow to get her chance at it. After all, it's her gun. Anyhow, all I can say is SAAAWEET! Extreamly managable! Put 50 rounds out without any issues. Short grip felt great so I'm sure that my daughter is going to like the feel very much while shooting it. Later when I can get it on a sandbag, I'll see just how good the sights are. Seems to be pretty good just off handed. Still concerned about barrel peening but the serial # IA5XXX seems to be more of a current production (from what I can find on it) so maybe this issue is resolved.
    Last edited by eyegore; January 9th, 2009 at 01:13 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I dont think you will love the accuracy when you get it on bags. At least for me you have to be out 75 feet to use the tables. At that distance Im lucky to hit the plate. For its intended purpose its a great gun. I like mine so much I got a P45 as well.