Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Does anyone around Ephrata OC?

I will be new to Oc'ing whenever it gets warm around the Ephrata area and was curious if anyone else does around my area or not. I know there are a few people on this site who live around here but I can't remember if they oc or not.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Does anyone around Ephrata OC?

I cc in Ephrata every day ( I work there), but I haven't open carried there. I have an M&P that I'm looking for a retention holster for. Perhaps once I get it and do some training... I just might. BTW, did you ever get an answer about carrying firearms on the "railroad trail" and in the city park ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    the line between obnoxious and retarded is a thin one.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Munsterman View Post
    I cc in Ephrata every day ( I work there), but I haven't open carried there. I have an M&P that I'm looking for a retention holster for. Perhaps once I get it and do some training... I just might. BTW, did you ever get an answer about carrying firearms on the "railroad trail" and in the city park ?
    Cool. as for the borough thing, no I haven't. I officially say they are dragging their feet about it (i'm getting tired of not getting anywhere). Since November, it got passed on to the borough manager who emailed me and said

"your issue has not been brought to the attention of Council at this time. I was waiting to get legal advice from the Solicitor to share with the Council before raising the topic so that the Council would fully understand the conflict of our local ordinance with state law.Any change to the ordinance would require advertising the proposed change and action by Borough Council at a public meeting."

That was on Xmas eve too. Tonight there is a borough meeting, but I sent the borough manager an email asking when the meeting will be that they talk about it, and no response, so i have no idea if its tonight, next month or what.

(Lancaster County)

I've open carried in the Ephrata Wal-Mart a couple of times but thats about it. I'm just getting used to it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dodgefolks View Post
    I've open carried in the Ephrata Wal-Mart a couple of times but thats about it. I'm just getting used to it.
    Any problems in walmart there?

(Indiana County)

Posted by Dane
    Cool. as for the borough thing, no I haven't. I officially say they are dragging their feet about it (i'm getting tired of not getting anywhere). Since November, it got passed on to the borough manager who emailed me and said

"your issue has not been brought to the attention of Council at this time. I was waiting to get legal advice from the Solicitor to share with the Council before raising the topic so that the Council would fully understand the conflict of our local ordinance with state law.Any change to the ordinance would require advertising the proposed change and action by Borough Council at a public meeting."

That was on Xmas eve too. Tonight there is a borough meeting, but I sent the borough manager an email asking when the meeting will be that they talk about it, and no response, so i have no idea if its tonight, next month or what.
    If the monthly meeting was tonight, then next month's meeting will also be Monday evening. There should be a Sunshine Notice published in your local newspaper on such.

Keep hammering away, writing letters, writing letters, writing letters. Get the subject on the meeting's agenda. A once-a-week phone call to the borough manager couldn't hurt, either. Demand action. Make a pest of yourself!

Short, to-the-point letter: Borough ordinance says such-and-such. State law says such-and-such. That portion of the borough ordinance prohibiting firearms is in violation of state law. Enforcement of illegal ordinance can and very well may result in federal civil rights lawsuit against arresting police officer, police department, mayor and borough, and private criminal complaint against arresting officer.

(Berks County)

Not in Ephrata per-se, but not far up the pike in Reading, and I occasionally drift down south to hit up the Sonic at the next exit south.

(Lancaster County)

Litiz / Manheim township area here. I make my way into Ephrata occasionally.

(Lancaster County)

It's good to know I am not the only one in my area then. (reading too)

There was someone yesterday on Main street Oc'ing, talking with three people who were reading something, not sure if he was handing out a flier, or if he was a constable or whatnot.

Statkowski,

Yeah last night was a "normal" meeting, coming up again this month is a "work" meeting for them. Next month though if I still haven't made any progress, I will be going to the meeting.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Any problems in walmart there?

No problems, I don't think anyone even noticed to be honest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast