Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Cool Another "new" guy to the forum

Just signed up for this forum. Found out about it from AR-15.com. (A great site for AR15-philes.) My greatest concerns are with the creeping legislation in this state designed to confiscate my firearms. Seems like there's a concerted push to slowly - and certainly - remove our rights to possess firearms.

It all starts with registration. HB 760 requires a photo ID, fingerprints and address info. Failure to re-register results in SP confiscating your firearms.

This is tip of the iceberg stuff, ladies and gentlemen. We MUST stay on top of these assaults. Otherwise, we're all gonna wake up one day and ask - what the hell happened?

Remember, in many ways - The price of freedom is eternal vigilence.

See ya on the boards!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilence.

"Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake." George Washington - Sept. 19, 1796

(Perry County)

Default Re: Another "new" guy to the forum

Hi Atty and welcome from a fellow Cumberland Countian! I am in Enola and work in Harrisburg. Are you an attorney? I ask because of the atty...common abbreviation for attorney. I work in a law firm and was just curious. PM me if you prefer to answer off the board.

As I said, I am in Enola, but the wife and I are hoping to find a place in Perry County in the next few months. We have to do some cleaning out and a little painting before we can sell our place. We've had enough of "city" life. So, you're an AR-15 guy, huh? I'm thinking about getting one after we find our new place.

You're right about the RATS running around the state legislature. They have enough bills in the Judiciary already and I'm sure there will be more.

Dave G.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Another "new" guy to the forum

Hi Atty759, I'm also a new member -- just joined last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty759 View Post
    HB 760 requires a photo ID, fingerprints and address info. Failure to re-register results in SP confiscating your firearms.
    IMHO, HB 760 has a snowball's chance in hell of being enacted. The bill has only a handful of co-sponsers, all of whom are rabidly anti-gun. A more likely threat is HB 30 (and companion bill SB 48), which would ban so-called "assault weapons" (although existing weapons would be grandfathered as long as they are registered).

Alas, the representative for my district is co-sponsor of HB 30; I sent him a letter yesterday explaining my view that HB 30 is unconstitutional, for all the good that will do.
    Last edited by awkx; April 2nd, 2007 at 06:22 PM.