Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Joining the S&W Family

Well I went to Anthony Arms today to look at there selection and get a feel for a few pistols since I turned 21 today and I came out with a very light wallet.

I went into the store and was immediately helped and asked what I was looking for. I told them that I had my sights set on a S&W M&P 40c but I was open to suggestions. He suggested the .45 which I then went down to the range to shoot while it was a blast to shoot it would be an expensive toy to go and play with. I then looked around saw a 40c (which I have already shot before and love) and proceeded to ask the guy to cop a feel when I noticed a M&P 9c which I have been looking for but couldnt find. I immediately asked for fondled it for a couple of minutes and proceeded to fill out the paperwork.

Long story short I am the proud owner of the American Made M&P 9c all I need now is my LTCF and I'll be good to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Joining the S&W Family

Welcome to the family. I love my M&P 45. The only thing I want for it is the frame filler plug so I can remove the right-side safety lever. (Oh, and then a Crimson Trace laser grip, since it's the ambi safety that is keeping me from having one.)

(Lehigh County)

Welcome to the Smith & Wesson family. I hope you enjoy your new purchase, as I know I did when I bought my first Smith & Wesson (SW99), a week after I turned 21.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Nice gun! I liked my wife's, it should serve you well.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Franklin County)

Welcome! I love my M&P .45... You simply cannot beat a American Made Firearm! The gun will last you, hopefully, a lifetime of good service.

(Centre County)

Good choice!

I have M&P9 and M&P9C, and boy do I love them!
    Once you get some rounds through, trigger will smooth out alot, and it'll be ine fine shooter.

One thing tho - My M&P9C had some teething issues when it was new. It FTE'ed alot. But after several hundread rounds went through, and once its oiled, and broken in throughly(I think it took mine about 300rds? and couple of cleaning), its as reliable as my M&P9. I've shot good 2k+ rounds through it since then, and its issue free now. It has replaced my M&P9 as my main carry gun
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Yea I had the same problems. I went to the range immediately after i purchased it bought a box and every other 1 would fte for the first 10. guy on the range recommended that i needed a little oil borrowed some, lubed it and shot fine the rest of the box. so all is well.

I really love this gun and I really like the finger rest, it sucks that the other mag doesnt have it but ill survive.

Anybody know of any good holsters for the compact? Im going to apply for my LTCF tomorrow if I have time and I want to start shopping around for a good holster, of course after my bank account recovers from today.

** by the way ive been reading some reviews about the M&P line and owners were bashing the disassembly saying it was too tedious. I looked at the manual once and performed my first disassembly ever in about a minute or so.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ksig1869 View Post

I really love this gun and I really like the finger rest, it sucks that the other mag doesnt have it but ill survive.

You see, thats good thing about company like Smith and Wesson.
    Call their Customer Support(1-800-331-0852), and tell them that you love your M&P9C, but you hate the flat bottom plate.
    I did, and they sent me curved plate for free.

Also don't forget to fill out and send in your 2 free magazines

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...ectionId=10002
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

yea i was looking at that but i noticed that the promo ended the 31st of dec. but i sent an email to Smith and Wesson and asked if the promo would still apply. im hoping that theyll accept mine after i alluded that it was my birthday today and that i would have bought one earlier but then it wouldnt have been a legal purchase. so im waiting for a reply, hopefully ill get those two extra magazines and theyll add in the finger extensions.