Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When was OC banned in NJ?

Can't find the answer, I'm doing research and can only find that before 1927 the only gun law in NJ was a ban on dueling. Some think the 1960's.
    Anyone know?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: When was OC banned in NJ?

It's still legal with a NJ permit. Which basically makes it illegal by proxy.

Wow, not sure about this one. I do remember in my younger days when the guys down in south Jersey use to ride around in the pick up trucks with their shotgun in a rear window rack, Bows as well as fishing poles. Then all the Idiots from NY and such ( me being one of them, but not with their mind set)
    started moving in and changing the so called hicks into "normal" people. They imposed their will and changed the laws I suppose. Instead of when in Rome do as the Romans do, the Liberals say do as I do...period. Damn Liberals.
    I also remember as a kid walking down the street with a .22 with all my buddies and shooting in the woods. On one particular day a police officer said to us where you guys going? We told him we were going back in the woods in the pits to shoot, his relpy was, make sure you guys are careful and clean up after you're done. Glory Days is all I can say about that. Try doing that now in New Jermany. I don't know when it all changed it just did. If you want to keep things in life you need to take a stand, if you don't? Well NJ is a good example of people who just take what THEY say. Look west to our buddies in PA. they have it going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    Try doing that now in New Jermany. I don't know when it all changed it just did. If you want to keep things in life you need to take a stand, if you don't? Well NJ is a good example of people who just take what THEY say. Look west to our buddies in PA. they have it going on.
    Heh, I cross route 40 all the time with my .410 and my beagle. I also cross other roads with my .22-250. Just make sure your breach is open and its legal.... oh yea, I am in South Jersey though.

I dug around a bit for you, and apparently there is no distinction between Concealed Carry and Open Carry, but you need the license to do so. (Source: http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/NJSL.pdf - It is found under the "Carrying" section the the 3rd page) So this would mean that OC was limited as soon as the CC laws were put into action. So you should start trying to figure out when NJ screwed up its CC laws.....Hopefuly I helped a little bit

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

Wow, not sure about this one. I do remember in my younger days when the guys down in south Jersey use to ride around in the pick up trucks with their shotgun in a rear window rack, Bows as well as fishing poles. Then all the Idiots from NY and such ( me being one of them, but not with their mind set)
    started moving in and changing the so called hicks into "normal" people. They imposed their will and changed the laws I suppose. Instead of when in Rome do as the Romans do, the Liberals say do as I do...period. Damn Liberals.
    I also remember as a kid walking down the street with a .22 with all my buddies and shooting in the woods. On one particular day a police officer said to us where you guys going? We told him we were going back in the woods in the pits to shoot, his relpy was, make sure you guys are careful and clean up after you're done. Glory Days is all I can say about that. Try doing that now in New Jermany. I don't know when it all changed it just did. If you want to keep things in life you need to take a stand, if you don't? Well NJ is a good example of people who just take what THEY say. Look west to our buddies in PA. they have it going on.
    Was that a 22 rifle or handgun? What decade was that? I'm looking specifically at handgun carry.
    BTW.....the Liberals say do I say, not as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Was that a 22 rifle or handgun? What decade was that? I'm looking specifically at handgun carry.
    BTW.....the Liberals say do I say, not as I do.
    It was a .22 rifle. Things are very screwed up here in Jersey. Not sue if you are aware of NJ Bill A-1282 which is trying to reform ccw here in NJ. It's called the citizens protection act. We all need to contact our senators and congressmen and tell them to support this bill. If you haven't already please do so. Find your district and contact them. Decade was the 60's.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I don't know about NJ, but MD suppossedly banned unlisc'd OC in 1972. I think that was also when the SP took over from county sheriffs for issuing carry lisc's. I wonder why the change? Were black people OCing or something? The tragedy of the SP taking over is that under county sheriffs most counties were basically shall-issue.

Yeah I used to see shotguns and rifles on gun racks all the time 20 years ago, don't see it too much anymore.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Chester County)

Don't know answer but I do remember that the 'Sills Act" named after AG was in 1966. It was the law that started the Firearms ID card among other oppressions.

It was a .22 rifle. Things are very screwed up here in Jersey. Not sue if you are aware of NJ Bill A-1282 which is trying to reform ccw here in NJ. It's called the citizens protection act. We all need to contact our senators and congressmen and tell them to support this bill. If you haven't already please do so. Find your district and contact them. Decade was the 60's.
    Yep, definitely aware of A1282, although since it didn't get anywhere it'll probably get a new number when introduced again(it's been re-introduced for years now to no avail,unfortunately).
    I'll check on the Sills Act and see if that was the beginning of the end for NJ gun rights........

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Yep, definitely aware of A1282, although since it didn't get anywhere it'll probably get a new number when introduced again(it's been re-introduced for years now to no avail,unfortunately).
    I'll check on the Sills Act and see if that was the beginning of the end for NJ gun rights........
    Here is the more formal reference to the Sill's Act:
    The Law Division upheld the constitutionality of New Jersey's
    recently enacted "Gun Control Law" (L.1966, c. 60; N.J.S. 2A:151-1
    et seq., N.J.S.A
    .)
    and the SCONJ upholding it:
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wba...on_v_sills.txt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast