Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default XD-9 sub compact question.

Any one out there own one of these? I read a review where the person talked about the grip safety and said that once in awhile it would not release so the gun could fire. Anyone have this experience?

(Cambria County)

Default Re: XD-9 sub compact question.

Love mine. I carry it daily. I have used it at IDPA shoots. (Yes, I competed in IDPA shoots with my subcompact. And I did pretty good too) It has never faltered or hestitated. Easily has a couple thousand rounds thru it. Never failed to fire yet. Best little pistol I have ever bought.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Bucks County)

I know this is only anecdotal evidence, but I've never had a failure of any kind that can't be traced to my reloads not having enough power to cycle the action (I always start very conservatively when working up loads).

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Love mine. I carry it daily. I have used it at IDPA shoots. (Yes, I competed in IDPA shoots with my subcompact. And I did pretty good too) It has never faltered or hestitated. Easily has a couple thousand rounds thru it. Never failed to fire yet. Best little pistol I have ever bought.
    Looked at a used one yesterday, $425.00. It's for my wife. She shot a Kahr CW9 but the recoil was a bit much for her cause that gun is so light. The XD has got a little heft to it and I like the fact that there is the back safety on it. This just might work for her.

Quote Originally Posted by VariableFeedback View Post
    I know this is only anecdotal evidence, but I've never had a failure of any kind that can't be traced to my reloads not having enough power to cycle the action (I always start very conservatively when working up loads).
    What I had read that the person who did a review on this gun said that like 1 out of 9 times it failed on him. He dod the test dry fire. I have really not heard much bad said about this gun. I don't want my wife to have to need it fast and if for some reason she didn't grasp it firmly enough to depress the back safety and it wouldn't fire. That said, I have never had a no fire situation with any gun I've owned that had the back safety in it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    What I had read that the person who did a review on this gun said that like 1 out of 9 times it failed on him. He dod the test dry fire. I have really not heard much bad said about this gun. I don't want my wife to have to need it fast and if for some reason she didn't grasp it firmly enough to depress the back safety and it wouldn't fire. That said, I have never had a no fire situation with any gun I've owned that had the back safety in it.
    I could be wrong, but I think that if it isn't gripped firmly enough to depress the safety, when fired, at best it would be the equivalent of limp-wristing. But, I say that with no experience actually binding the grip safety down and trying it. All I can say is that I've never had any problems with my natural grip not disengaging the grip safety.

(Allegheny County)

I have one, its my daily carry. I only had one failure, due to faulty ammo. It shoots a bit low but, eh, nothing a little practice cant fix. Sometimes it can be a touch uncomfortable to carry IWB . But other than that its accurate, dependable, cheap (to shoot), fun. Out of 10, I would give it an 8.5.
    If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

(Allegheny County)

The grip safety doesnt have to be pressed in all the way to allow the gun to fire. So it will not likely be a problem.

I havent put a lot of rounds through my XD9SC, however so far it has performed flawlessly. My girlfriend had never shot a gun before, she had no problems shooting this gun, and enjoyed it very much.

defender, take a look on xdtalk.com, there is a lot of good information over there as well.

I've never had a problem with mine. Mine has been abused by a few men on this forum (they like pink i guess) and it still preforms flawlessly. It also eats anything without issues. Its also pretty damn accurate too.

I carry OWB and found it slightly uncomfortable when I was using the High Noon holster. Its a little on the heavy side when the 16 round mag is fully loaded. Its a little better with the 10 round mag, but not much. Now, that i've changed holsters, to a Serpa, its much more comfortable. Now all I have to do is cut the holster as its a little too big for the sub compact. Then I will carry it more often.

Personally, I think this gun is AWESOME and perfect for a woman with any size hands. I had a bit of difficulty at first racking the slide, but, after dura coating and using the push/pull rather than slingshot its a great gun. The slide moves like its greased.

Thumbs up for the XD .9mm Sub Compact

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I've never had a problem with mine. Mine has been abused by a few men on this forum (they like pink i guess) and it still preforms flawlessly. It also eats anything without issues. Its also pretty damn accurate too.

I carry OWB and found it slightly uncomfortable when I was using the High Noon holster. Its a little on the heavy side when the 16 round mag is fully loaded. Its a little better with the 10 round mag, but not much. Now, that i've changed holsters, to a Serpa, its much more comfortable. Now all I have to do is cut the holster as its a little too big for the sub compact. Then I will carry it more often.

Personally, I think this gun is AWESOME and perfect for a woman with any size hands. I had a bit of difficulty at first racking the slide, but, after dura coating and using the push/pull rather than slingshot its a great gun. The slide moves like its greased.

Thumbs up for the XD .9mm Sub Compact
    Thanks for the review. I believe my wife will be carrying in a gun purse. The tip on racking the slide is good, she can try that. PINK? You mean we can have it duracoated in PINK? (Are you just pulling my leg?) I know she'd like to hear that little tidbit! That's what I like about this site, all the info a shooter will ever need.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast