Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Confused about what gun to get.

ok so i liked the ruger convertible blackhawk havent had any complaints about it. looking for more of a pistol than revolver for around 500 or so bucks give or take. ruger sr9 heard horrid stories about the springs and the clips and the trigger and slide pull weight. then theres the springfield xd 357 sig heard some misc. stuff about how the springfield did a half ass job on some stuff.. and now im thinkin about the beretta 90-2 F and the beretta PX4...im wanting to do a great deal of shooting and im looking for alot of accuracy. id love to hear what you have to say or heard about these guns and any others that are in my price range and fit my criteria.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Confused about what gun to get.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W 10mm View Post
    ok so i liked the ruger convertible blackhawk havent had any complaints about it. looking for more of a pistol than revolver for around 500 or so bucks give or take. ruger sr9 heard horrid stories about the springs and the clips and the trigger and slide pull weight. then theres the springfield xd 357 sig heard some misc. stuff about how the springfield did a half ass job on some stuff.. and now im thinkin about the beretta 90-2 F and the beretta PX4...im wanting to do a great deal of shooting and im looking for alot of accuracy. id love to hear what you have to say or heard about these guns and any others that are in my price range and fit my criteria.
    I don't know anyone with an XD that doesn't like it. M&P is a hell of a nice gun too.

I don't like DS/SA triggers so I never shot too many berettas, but people on here with PX4's like them. I think they look cheap, and I hate those euro safeties.

I say get the M&P or the XD, but that's just because I like simple, reliable, accurate guns with consistant trigger pulls.
    Last edited by P-11 shooter; January 3rd, 2009 at 06:08 PM.

M&P now i couldnt remember what it was altho ive heard it a 1000 times. got on google found it was smith and wesson. so i get to there page and it was M&P rifles but cant find the pistols....unless its the military and gov. which i would think it would be M&G

(Chester County)

I feel the Beretta PX4 is a great gun. The Beretta Forum will show that they can handle thousands of rounds without a hiccup. I've put nearly a thousand through mine and is has never had a problem. The rotating barrel really tones down the recoil and you can find a ton of aftermarket parts if you want to modify the safety. There are several models available but the F is the most popular which is a DA/SA trigger with a safety/decocker.

Good luck.
    "Cause remember: no matter where you go.....there you are" ---Buckaroo Banzai

Bucks Man, thanks for the information do you no if the PX4 G has the decocker and what exactly the difference is between f and g...and the modification is promising. do uno about the 90-2 F??? i think its a good looking gun also

(Butler County)

M&P now i couldnt remember what it was altho ive heard it a 1000 times. got on google found it was smith and wesson. so i get to there page and it was M&P rifles but cant find the pistols....unless its the military and gov. which i would think it would be M&G
    Yeah. S&W makes the M&P It's a Damn fine gun. Stainless slide, Good trigger that can be made GREAT with a simple trigger job. Changeable backstraps for great ergonomics. The ability to feild strip without pulling the trigger. It's one fine gun.

Here's a link to the torture test pistoltraining.org did.
    http://pistol-training.com/archives/998

Great guns

P-11M&PninjaintrainingSHOOTER

id say hell that many rounds is amazing. crap just crap...do you no the lowest price of one and then what do they go up to???

(Butler County)

id say hell that many rounds is amazing. crap just crap...do you no the lowest price of one and then what do they go up to???
    They were selling them at Cabelas for about $350 AFTER rebate. I think that sale is over. I paid just under $500 for my compact a while back.

Here's one on Buds for $469 delivered

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/38991

wow thats awesome thanks p-11 shooter, i think ive made up my mind to go with the M&P 357 its like 75% to go with that and 25% to go with that beretta px4 because of the modification wish it was in the 357 sig as well but its not so its all good

(Chester County)

Bucks Man, thanks for the information do you no if the PX4 G has the decocker and what exactly the difference is between f and g...and the modification is promising. do uno about the 90-2 F??? i think its a good looking gun also
    Both guns have the same "safety lever" at the rear of the slide. On the F model, the safety spins the firing pin so it cannot engage the round and also de-cocks the hammer. The G does not disengage the firing pin, it only de-cocks the hammer. A few minutes of some internal spring work can turn the F into a G. On the Beretta Forum, there are several posts on how to convert. I carry an F but I like having an actual safety so I have no intention to convert.

You can also manually cock the hammer to make all shots SA if you're not a fan of the DA Pull. However, a little time on the range and your DA and SA pulls will be identical. One cool thing is with the rotating barrel, the gun almost doesn't leave its sight after you fire the first round so you can rapid fire and place the next round in the exact same hole on the target.

If you're considering a Beretta, check out the Forum http://www.berettaforum.net/

The 90-Two seems to be a very popular gun for Beretta fans but I have not gone that route yet. They say you are bitten by the Beretta bug once you start shooting one and I have to agree, I'm looking at the PX4 Sub Compact next and maybe the CX4 carbine after that.
    "Cause remember: no matter where you go.....there you are" ---Buckaroo Banzai

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast