Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Arrested for "possesion without a license"???

BETHLEHEM, PA January 2, 2009

Charged -- Joshua Agosto Rosaly, 23, of Kissimmee, Fla.; Wednesday with possessing a firearm without a license; according to court documents, had a loaded semiautomatic pistol when approached late Tuesday near Alaska and Itaska streets by police investigating a separate incident; arraigned before District Judge Nancy Matos Gonzalez of Bethlehem and committed to Northampton County Prison under $40,000 bail.

O.K., what the hell? Doesn't say OC or CC, but $40K for bail and as a result of a Terry stop? holy shitballs, wtf?
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Arrested for "possesion without a license"???

He's an out-of-stater, so they may have decided that he's a high risk to not appear.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lehigh County)

true.

to be fair, he was in a shitty neighborhood... one where if I had to go I would carry (a bazooka)... but also where there are a fair few folks who deal in not-necessarily-legal items.

FL has reciprocity with us, though... so if he was legit to own, why didn't he get a permit to CC? or just OC, as he can do as a non-resident as long as he is not prohibited from owning, right? I want to know more about this...
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Franklin County)

As usual, the article provides "words", but very little real "information". There are so many things not known that make this a never-ending 'what-if' type discussion.

You are correct that non-prohibited non-residents can OC.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lancaster County)

I will be difficult to get a better picture of what happened, the journalism majors no longer attend schools of journalism. The schools now are propaganda outlets designed to train right thought and speak, not... Who?, What?, Where? & Why?

(Armstrong County)

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/beth...490.xml&coll=3

Fla. man charged after weapon find
    Thursday, January 01, 2009
    BETHLEHEM | A Florida man had an unlicensed concealed weapon in a car Tuesday, police said.

Joshua Agosto Rosaly, 23, of Kissimmee, Fla., was a passenger Tuesday night in a vehicle in the 600 block of Itaska Street that police
    suspected might be involved in a domestic dispute. Instead, officers found Rosaly, who refused to obey an officer's commands, police said.
    When officers looked in the vehicle they saw a silver Walther PPK/S, .380 caliber pistol sticking out from under the passenger's seat, police said.

Rosaly was charged with carrying a firearm without a license. He was sent to Northampton County Prison in lieu of $40,000 bail.

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post

BETHLEHEM | A Florida man had an unlicensed concealed weapon in a car Tuesday, police said.

Joshua Agosto Rosaly, 23, of Kissimmee, Fla., was a passenger Tuesday night in a vehicle in the 600 block of Itaska Street that police
    suspected might be involved in a domestic dispute. Instead, officers found Rosaly, who refused to obey an officer's commands, police said.
    When officers looked in the vehicle they saw a silver Walther PPK/S, .380 caliber pistol sticking out from under the passenger's seat, police said.

Rosaly was charged with carrying a firearm without a license. He was sent to Northampton County Prison in lieu of $40,000 bail.

Ed
    "refused to obey an officer's commands", what type of commands I wonder.... Pretty general statement- "suck my.... toe, -- no officer---- i'm gonna arrest you and search your car"
    I know it didn't happen like that, but, refusal to obey a command?
    WTF
    Are we dogs? or animals in a circus???

every day I hate this world more and more....

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    BETHLEHEM, PA January 2, 2009

Charged -- Joshua Agosto Rosaly, 23, of Kissimmee, Fla.; Wednesday with possessing a firearm without a license;
    Sloppy journalism. The expected norm...

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    FL has reciprocity with us, though... so if he was legit to own, why didn't he get a permit to CC? or just OC, as he can do as a non-resident as long as he is not prohibited from owning, right? I want to know more about this...
    My guess is that he was a legitimate thug. But it's just a guess.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    ...My guess is that he was a legitimate thug. But it's just a guess.
    Unless his parents were not married...then he was illegitimate ...LOL... the bastard

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post

Ed
    Right there is the offense. Whether it was a Terry stop or the officer just happened to walk by the car and look through the window(which there are allowed to do) and saw a firearm in the car - under current law the guy should be charged if he didn't have a LTCF or reciprocal permit.

You cant have a firearm in a vehicle without a license. Whether it was a Terry or incidental discovery is rather moot. Any LEO can walk by a car a look into the windows. If he sees a firearm, well there is PC and/or RAS of a violation of the UFA.

The question here should be if the gun was actually visible from common view and/or if the LEO's had consent or entered the vehicle to find it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast