Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Turned Another One... (New S&W .357mag)

I have made "projects" of friends and acquaintances over the years in bringing them into the shooting sports. I'd like to officially add another to my tally. I have a good friend who I grew up with who hadn't really known anything or had any shooting experience at all when we met. Over the years, we practiced together and I eventually got him from the "guns are bad and only criminals have them" mentality of his family, towards becoming quite the pro 2a kinda guy. He'd borrowed and used many of my firearms for sometime. Well, today he purchased his very own. He bought a brand new 7-shot 6" S&W .357mag. It's gorgeous. Range report w/ pics will follow this wknd. I was quite proud of the fact that he chose a great first revolver.

Oh, and he's lurked on here before. Maybe now he'll see a post about him and officially join in...

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Turned Another One... (New S&W .357mag)

sounds cool congrats

(Jefferson County)

nice work... you must know how to choose the wording you use to convert ppl...

(York County)

Always great to get another pro 2A on our side. Good job and keep em coming. -BB
    The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
    -Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

Report on the new S&W 686 is typical. It is a superb, smooth actioned revolver. We put about 450 rounds downrange of both WWB FMJ/SJWC .38 spcl. and Rem SJHP .357mag.

With the .38s, talk about a sweet plinker. As all of the other 686s I've used, it was just a joy to use with the .38 rounds. With the .357 ammo, some very nice groups were had at 10, 20 & 25+ yrds. There was a point where I was falling in love with that moment between trigger break and reacquisition of sight picture. This is a great revolver.

Well, the cons... After one range outing with this new Smith, the biggest con is that the revolver belongs to my friend and not me. I'm beginning to believe that I also need a new Smith wheel gun. Fantastic.

(Ohh, and the lurker owner will hopefully be joining PAFOA soon...)

He's been left with a copy of "In the Gravest Extreme", some info on revolver lore, and and the sting of the bite (judging from the fact that he asked about borrowing one of the XDs or Glocks... get this, bc he likes how they look!! haha). I'd say we got him set on the right path. Thanks to all here who've posted thoughts and engaged in discussions which have helped my friend find his new love of the shooting sports.

(Allegheny County)

An update on the above...

Friend is now buying a Glock 23. It's been pretty rewarding seeing how seriously he takes learning the safety aspects while also being enthusiastic about the "fun" of learning to shoot.

He doesn't know it yet, but next he'll be getting a nice rifle. See how I farm up my friends to participate in my interests?? lol

(Allegheny County)

great job!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF