Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Paintball gun a weapon???

Jan 2, 2:42 AM EST

Man tries to deter drunk driving with paintballs

KENNEWICK, Wash. (AP) -- A man in Washington state who reportedly told police he was trying to deter a friend from driving drunk by blasting the friend's windshield with paintballs wound up in jail.

Kennewick, Wash., police Sgt. Ken Lattin calls it a "very creative" way to prevent someone from drunken driving - but a designated driver would have been safer.

Responding Tuesday night to a nearby resident's report of a man shooting paintballs at a car, police found 41-year-old Shawn Wallace, who explained his rationale.

The Tri-City Herald reports Wallace was arrested and booked into the Benton County jail for investigation of unlawfully discharging a weapon and an unrelated misdemeanor warrant.

A message left for an S. Wallace in Kennewick wasn't immediately returned late Thursday.

---

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Paintball gun a weapon???

At first I was pissed that they'd arrest him for that, but then I saw he had a warrent too. That might hav something to do with it

I bet the guy was drunk too. If not he could've probably talked them out of it.

Still, I think it's kind of a dickhead move on the cop's part for charging him with that bullshit charge for a paintball gun. Seems like the old Disorderly Conduct standby would've worked here.

Anyway, I knew a kid that kept a paintball gun for home defense. It was turned up as fast as it would go and was full auto. One shot sould break skin through a sweatshirt and it would probably shoot a couple hundred rounds a minute.

I would NOT want to be shot with that climbing through someones window. I think I'd rather take a hit with a 9mm.

I bet if it was filled with "everlasting gobstoppers" it would qualify.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

P-11, as far as couple hundred rounds a minute, Both of mine max out at 28 balls per second.. So on full auto, 12 seconds into it, I'm out of ammo and filling up again... But most places make us regulate them to 12 to 15 bps.

I did see that other previous charge he had, but if this weapons charge sticks, then my kids are terrorist in the way they use theirs.. lol...

(Montgomery County)

"Weapons of Mass Destruction"

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    I bet if it was filled with "everlasting gobstoppers" it would qualify.
    It would suck for a diabetic getting 20 balls a sugar under your skin. -BB
    The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
    -Ted Nugent

(Berks County)

Funny related personal story;

During college, a friend was showing me the latest and greatest in 22" custom barrel mods for his paintball blaster. Of course i got all itchy to go try it out for myself, so we walked out the apartment door, which was on a second floor balcony, overlooking the parking lot. While my original intent was to go out back of the building and pop some paint into the woods, my other friend Jim had the sorry misfortune of driving his 70s Dodge Ramcharger wheelin truck into the lot, its duct tape flame job shining in the afternoon sun. Of course, I couldnt resist.

Jim was backing into his space with the front of the vehicle facing the building, looking over his shoulder. I lined up the shot and with the precision timing of a seasoned pro I let a volley fly. They hit their mark perfectly, spattering across the windshield just as Jim turned to face forward again. His reaction was priceless, a series of jerky acrobatic maneuvers that ended with him in the back seat of the Ramcharger.

Rolling with laughter and tears on the balcony, we were sure folks in the next county could hear Jim cussing as he got out of the truck and made his way up to us to stick that new 22" barrel up my ass.