Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Carry at Wachovia Spectrum

Hello,

I was planning on attending the KIXX game at the Wachovia Spectrum tonight. Does anybody know if they check people coming in to the game, or will I be ok as long is it remains concealed? The Spectrum's website does not list a firearm policy, but I'd like to hear from anyone with experience, as I will probably be taking SEPTA to the game, and won't be able to return to the car and lock my handgun up.

Thanks

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Carry at Wachovia Spectrum

I have not been to the Spectrum in a while but they do check across the lot at the Wachovia Center for Flyers games. They have a hand held wand type metal detector. Although I've never seen anyone set it off for any reason.

(Philadelphia County)

I know they pat you down for concerts and stuff.

Still, you could probably sneak in a bazooka, cuz those people dont seem to care.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    I know they pat you down for concerts and stuff.

Still, you could probably sneak in a bazooka, cuz those people dont seem to care.
    Yeah, every single time I went there for a concert, I was "patted and wanded". One time when they were patting me down, I could swear they were having fun while doing it?

(Montgomery County)

You coul get away with a ankle holster with no problems, however if you're going to carry it mid section on your body, I'd carry it near my belt buckle. They do wand you, but not very well.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by rand View Post
    Yeah, every single time I went there for a concert, I was "patted and wanded". One time when they were patting me down, I could swear they were having fun while doing it?
    Well, it is Philadelphia...

I understand anyone here wanting to carry...is this arena posted for no firearms? I'd guess getting busted in Phlly would not be good (unless you enjoyed the pat down).

(Bucks County)

The arena's website does not list a firearms policy. There would be no getting busted, just not being able to get in to watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post

I understand anyone here wanting to carry...is this arena posted for no firearms? I'd guess getting busted in Phlly would not be good (unless you enjoyed the pat down).

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post

It is NOT illegal to carry in a sports arena in PA. So therefore you cannot be "busted" for carrying in an arena.

You can be "made" and asked to leave. Failure to do so can result in a charge of criminal tresspass.

(Chester County)

I want to take the family to the circus. Is this the wachovia center or are there 2 different places? I still dont know my way around philly. Any info would be appreciated on this.

(Bucks County)

The Center is a different and newer building than the Spectrum, but they are both in the same complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I want to take the family to the circus. Is this the wachovia center or are there 2 different places? I still dont know my way around philly. Any info would be appreciated on this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast