Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Advice on carrying concealed

OK, i have a little LCP that is just awesome for a carry gun because i just clip it in my pocket and its hidden and out of the way. but i recently sent it out for the recall and am now missing it at my side. I have an SR9 and a Hi-Point C9 that im looking for a way to carry concealed and keep wondering the best possible way. The SR9 is far more reliable, accurate, and lighter than the C9. so it is my first choice, but its not that small of a gun. I have an Inside the waistband holster that fits it but i cant put it in my pocket like many do because the grip on it is pretty long and it sticks out. and if i put it in my waistband i cant sitdown... i am all about consealment, i dont need any unwanted attention for having a gun on my side since im 22 years old and look kinda like a biker to start with. So im now looking into either a shoulder holster or a small of the back holster that will let me have the barrel horizontal and the grip facing up. I figure that the shoulder holster would be more comfy but seems like a pain... what are everyones thoughts and suggestions? and how do some of you carry comfortably and under the radar?

(Pike County)

Default Re: Advice on carrying concealed

With a full sized auto, perhaps an OWB holster with an oversized shirt bloused out.
    Much can depend on your build and what clothing you wear.

BTW, for me SOB holsers are a big pain in the back. And God help you if you fall hard on your back with one.
    Last edited by gf45acp; January 1st, 2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: add sob

I carry a SR9 in an OWB holster at 3 o'clock underneath either an untucked shirt, a loose flannel shirt over a T-shirt or simply under a jacket.

While the grip is a tad large for super-concealment, it doesn't print much at all under an untucked shirt and not at all under either of my two other cover choices. Plus it seems that most people don't want to see a gun and their minds will attribute that bulge to either a cell phone or some other electronic device.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

(Cambria County)

well, im not real big built, kinda skinny, haha but i never tuck my shirts in so that will help, are there any OWB holsters that mount the gun up kinda high because hangin down low is what bugs my about my other holster i have...good for the range but not carry

(Pike County)

Try a high ride holster, and pick up a couple of shirts that are "longs" from a big and tall shop, they are normally 2" longer than standard. And perhaps one size up from your norm.

(Pike County)

A good quality IWB or OWB holster along with a good quality gun belt will conceal most any gun well. Yes you will have to wear a longer shirt to cover the gun or go with a tuckable holster. My guess is you're too worried about 100% concealment. Most people are completely oblivious. Minor incidents of printing or partial exposure of the holster will go completely unnoticed.
    For me the 8 o'clock position is the best all around comfort (I'm lefty) so about 4 o’clock on normal people.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Cambria County)

something like that could work it seems to be nice and thin and stay close to the body, and i wouldnt need to worry about wearing a jacket to conceal it like a shoulder holster...i'll have to look into that one or a similar one of that type. thanks for all of the suggestions so far

(Allegheny County)

The SR9 seems like a pretty thick pistol, so it may be awkward for IWB. However, it could be that you just need a GOOD holster. Poorly constructed holsters or wearing a holster without an adequate belt might be a bigger factor than what style of holster you use. For some reason even people who will spend a lot of money on their gun, won't spend the cash to get a decent holster.

A good OWB holster that is a high ride would be my suggestion. Another option would be a cross draw. Kramer, Galco, and Mitch Rosen all offer crossdraw holsters. Shoulder holster could work, but the same comments about getting a well made/designed holster apply. I would stay away from SOB holsters.

(York County)

This one here looks pretty good, and rides fairly high.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...3635&GunID=477
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast