Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: My Sig P6

(Chester County)

Default My Sig P6

Here are few pics of my SIG P6. Currently using a Galco holster for a HK but it fits until the holsters I ordered arrive. This sidearm feeds anything I give it and has never had any malfunctions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: My Sig P6

Very nice...

(Greene County)

Quote Originally Posted by sig83 View Post
    Here are few pics of my SIG P6. Currently using a Galco holster for a HK but it fits until the holsters I ordered arrive. This sidearm feeds anything I give it and has never had any malfunctions.
    Very nice! They're great guns, aren't they? I have one and except for some cosmetic wear, mine's in damn near perfect mechanical condition.

The only downside to the P6 is the lack of factory mags. The Pro-Mags are crap and the factory mags are quite spendy.

I noticed that your hammer is a solid piece, most of the German police trade-ins have a notched hammer. Also, there's a little nodule on the bottom of your take down lever that isn't on mine. I wonder if you changed those bits or if it was imported that way. The few P6s I've seen all had the solid hammer and the flat take down lever.
    Last edited by Vig; December 31st, 2008 at 11:53 PM.

(Chester County)

This gun is great. Shoots everytime and hits where I aim. To answer your question. I bought the gun from a local dealer as is. The previous owner sent this pistol to SIG to have work done. As per the gunsmith, the slide was nitroned, all controls were replaced and a SSP was done (whatever that is). Bottom line, for the $300 I spent on it, I got a pistol that just returned from a SIG armorer.

As for mags, yes they are pricey. $50 from SIG, but $40 from Atlantic Tactical. I am going to get 2 mags as I like to swap them out every so often. Now if only I can find the perfect holster.

(Armstrong County)

Nice P6, I'm a fan also .............. I'd like to suggest you get a set of Pachmayer grips, they just make the gun feel goooood ............

The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Greene County)

Quote Originally Posted by sig83 View Post
    This gun is great. Shoots everytime and hits where I aim. To answer your question. I bought the gun from a local dealer as is. The previous owner sent this pistol to SIG to have work done. As per the gunsmith, the slide was nitroned, all controls were replaced and a SSP was done (whatever that is). Bottom line, for the $300 I spent on it, I got a pistol that just returned from a SIG armorer.

As for mags, yes they are pricey. $50 from SIG, but $40 from Atlantic Tactical. I am going to get 2 mags as I like to swap them out every so often. Now if only I can find the perfect holster.
    Yeah, the SSP is the Sig Service Plan. I've been thinking about having mine done at some point.

As for holsters, I'm currently using a Fobus SG-21: cheap, comfy, holds tight, but doesn't smell like leather.