Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Wind damage.

(Lebanon County)

Default Wind damage.

This seems like a good day to start a thread with that title.
    I was thinking about changing the fuel filter on my daughter's car this morning, there was a wind advisory but the air was calm. I decided to wait a little while to see how the weather might change, I hate to be in the midst of an outside job and get stuck in crappy weather. (I don't have a garage). I'm glad I waited. About a half hour later my wife & I were watching the neighbor's inflatable Christmas decorations and making comments about being well anchored because they were still there in spite of how much the wind was beating them up. Then we heard a loud noise at the side of our house, I thought the trash cans had been blown against the house. Then we saw a piece of siding blow past the window and I said "Looks like somebody's loosing the siding off of their house".
    Then we looked at each other and went outside to look at our house. You guessed it, the siding we saw blow by was a piece of ours!
    It's not as bad as it could be, I just hope it doesn't get any worse, it's still pretty windy.
    Two of the neighbor kids were there in a heartbeat to help us collect the pieces and set the picnic table on top of them before they blew around and caused damage anywhere else.

Anyone else have any not so pleasant experiences with wind today?

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Default Re: Wind damage.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    This seems like a good day to start a thread with that title.
    I was thinking about changing the fuel filter on my daughter's car this morning, there was a wind advisory but the air was calm. I decided to wait a little while to see how the weather might change, I hate to be in the midst of an outside job and get stuck in crappy weather. (I don't have a garage). I'm glad I waited. About a half hour later my wife & I were watching the neighbor's inflatable Christmas decorations and making comments about being well anchored because they were still there in spite of how much the wind was beating them up. Then we heard a loud noise at the side of our house, I thought the trash cans had been blown against the house. Then we saw a piece of siding blow past the window and I said "Looks like somebody's loosing the siding off of their house".
    Then we looked at each other and went outside to look at our house. You guessed it, the siding we saw blow by was a piece of ours!
    It's not as bad as it could be, I just hope it doesn't get any worse, it's still pretty windy.
    Two of the neighbor kids were there in a heartbeat to help us collect the pieces and set the picnic table on top of them before they blew around and caused damage anywhere else.

Anyone else have any not so pleasant experiences with wind today?

Wow looks like some one saved on the nails... I thought only the Insurance Lizard tried that...

Remember when you put those back in.. Lots of nails, but not too tight, you want to aluminum or siding to be able to "Slide" with expansion and contraction ...

Nope just my tarp lbew off the generator, but it was not properly tied down yet.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lancaster County)

i watched the 20X20 tarp fly out of my roomates truck and fly out of sight
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Luzerne County)

i had taken the dogs out about 9:00. The wind was not so strong at that time. The wind seems to be picking up now.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

In the last snow blizzard that we had, I was hanging out the 2nd story window holding onto a piece of siding that was half off so it wouldn't blow away.

(Pike County)

WOW mauser, that's wind! Nothing like that here yet, and hopefully not ever.

We had tremendous winds 2 nights ago. Yesterday afternoon I spent about an hour picking up pieces of siding and wood from my next door neighbors house. I figured since my house really towers over the little house (the little house was once the servants house to my house) it would have absorbed most of the wind and spared the little house. Well not this time. My house suffered absolutely no damage. I feel so bad for my neighbors possibly having to go through this brutal winter with pieces missing from their house.

Quote Originally Posted by armabill View Post
    In the last snow blizzard that we had, I was hanging out the 2nd story window holding onto a piece of siding that was half off so it wouldn't blow away.
    OK Admit it, you thought You could get a BJ by hanging it out...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly