Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default IMHO, the bra shopping thread should be deleted

I'm not a prude, and my morale standards are probably in more of a ditch than on higher ground, but everything about that thread disgusts me. Many members of the PAFOA forum have had some fun with risque content, posting pictures that teeter over the line of the forum rules and cyber flirting at some point, but that particular thread serves no other purpose than to get men drooling over their keyboards in hopes to get some pictures of this chick (if it really is a woman) in their "Private" message inbox. Yes, I remember the previous pictures of her lingerie purchase with her b/f in the dressing room with her, but that still doesn't prove the poster is what she claims to be and this type of thread is more suited to MySpace than the PAFOA.

/rant

Default Re: IMHO, the bra shopping thread should be deleted

i dont care if it exists...I was trying to point out how desparate some of these guys looked in the thread

hence my "it's like high school up in here" and "egging them on" comments.

I have a wife, could care less to look at another woman personally

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    i dont care if it exists...I was trying to point out how desparate some of these guys looked in the thread

hence my "it's like high school up in here" and "egging them on" comments.

I have a wife, could care less to look at another woman personally
    I think Frenchy best described the thread.

EDIT: I'm not in favor of closing the thread, I just thought Frenchy's post was awesome.
    Last edited by Philbert; December 31st, 2008 at 02:59 PM.

(Delaware County)

I reallty don't care about as I don't read post like that. But thier is alot of post that are just plain dumb. I just don't read them and go on to look for firearm related topics or topics that are of intrest to me.

(Westmoreland County)

The staff has discussed this thread and we are at the conclusion to leave it go. As long as forum rules are followed, there is no harm. The lounge is not visible to guests or google crawlers so it doesn't hurt our image either.

However, feel free to voice your opinions in this thread...

(Berks County)

Jeez, some of you guys need to get a sense of humor. If I took everything I read here as seriously as some of you seem to have that thread then I'd be sitting in a corner shivering and waiting for the next shoe to drop. If you don't like the thread fine, don't open it just like many others of us do with many other threads.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    The staff has discussed this thread and we are at the conclusion to leave it go. As long as forum rules are followed, there is no harm. The lounge is not visible to guests or google crawlers so it doesn't hurt our image either.

However, feel free to voice your opinions in this thread...
    bold is mine

That's good to know, I didn't realize that. My first concern was about guests thinking that this is what we're about. I've seen some good forums head straight down the toilet when this sort of stuff goes unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Jeez, some of you guys need to get a sense of humor. If I took everything I read here as seriously as some of you seem to have that thread then I'd be sitting in a corner shivering and waiting for the next shoe to drop. If you don't like the thread fine, don't open it just like many others of us do with many other threads.
    You're right Bill. I've had my third cup of coffee and with the above information from Rocketfoot, I realize I may have over reacted. Another concern was that IMHO, the OP could possibly be putting herself at risk between posting where she shops, what she's wearing and that she's alone, and I didn't want to see the forum used as a platform for some nut job to take her little game to an unwanted level.

Str8reasonforbeingsensitiveaboutthiskindofstuffSho oter

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Rock on homie, I'm right there with ya.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I'm not a prude, and my morale standards are probably in more of a ditch than on higher ground, but everything about that thread disgusts me. Many members of the PAFOA forum have had some fun with risque content, posting pictures that teeter over the line of the forum rules and cyber flirting at some point, but that particular thread serves no other purpose than to get men drooling over their keyboards in hopes to get some pictures of this chick....

Hmmmmm.......

I can give you 222,907 reasons why the thread should stay.
    I personally only got one or two paragraphs into it....saw the heavy use of smilies....and figured someone just wanted attention.
    Fine.
    Let 'em have it. Not from me, I backed out of the thread.

And nobody seems to be complaining about the Gun Babe thread http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...-gun-babe.html .

That's got 222,907 views and 1,693 posts.......from WITHIN (not browser directed).

The PAFOA rules are well thought out and make sense.....as long as the thread remains within those boundaries - let 'er rip!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Luzerne County)

Some people want religious threads closed, some want political threads closed, some want "word association" threads closed, some even want OC v CC threads closed. etc...

Bottom line, it's the lounge. If it meets the rules guidelines it's not a problem. Don't like what your watching just change the channel

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast