Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Grinches terrorize couple, steal presents

http://yorkdispatch.inyork.com/yd/se...tch.inyork.com

Grinches terrorize couple, steal presents

NEW YORK -- Prosecutors say two real-life Grinches posed as police officers and robbed a couple's home of their holiday presents on Christmas Eve.
    The men wore bulletproof vests bearing the New York Police Department logo and claimed to have a warrant, the Queens district attorney's office said. They tied up Robert Kapovic and his wife and ransacked their home for nearly four hours, prosecutors said.

"They acted like the Grinch in the Dr. Seuss classic 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas,'" District Attorney Richard A. Brown said Monday in a statement. "Unfortunately for them, their plan was foiled when real police officers stopped them and the victims' belongings were returned in time for the holiday."

Kapovic was pistol-whipped, and his wife was pushed around and threatened with the prospect of never seeing her children again, prosecutors said.

The youngsters -- ages 7, 3, 2 and 1 -- apparently slept through the robbery, even as the attackers rifled through their bedrooms and took $4,000 cash, diamond jewelry, electronics and liquor from throughout the house, they said.

When the men left in the early hours of Dec. 24, the couple freed themselves, and Kapovic followed them in his car, using his onboard global positioning system to lead police to them, prosecutors said.

Authorities said they recovered the stolen property, police paraphernalia and two pellet guns.

Constantino Christo and Nicholas Papaleo pleaded not guilty at their arraignment on charges including

burglary, robbery, assault, criminal impersonation and endangering the welfare of a child.
    Papaleo, 33, was held without bail, and Christo, 43, was ordered held on $1 million bail.

The Brooklyn residents could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: Grinches terrorize couple, steal presents

Read that yesterday. First thought is man that would have ended differently in any of our homes. Then I thought "Hmmm . . . those names all sound Greek. I wonder if there was any business relationship these three had. Maybe the guy owed them some money."

Anyone else think something isn't adding up?

As we discussed earlier, it's the inevitable consequence of police demanding instant surrender and compliance based on them merely claiming to be police, backed up by a willingness to shoot any homeowner who resists or fails to comply.

I don't know what the difference is between 2 scruffy undercover cops serving a real warrant at night, and two gang bangers claiming to be cops serving a warrant at night. But I know it's a lot harder to get away with parking a couple of fake marked cruisers out front in broad daylight, and bringing along half a dozen uniformed, clean-shaven officers. Fake cops fear being spotted by the real cops.

If they ever come to serve a warrant at my house, I'll demand proof that they are real cops. I owe that to my family, and I owe that to the community since I have a not-insignificant gun collection that shouldn't end up in the wrong hands.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    As we discussed earlier, it's the inevitable consequence of police demanding instant surrender and compliance based on them merely claiming to be police, backed up by a willingness to shoot any homeowner who resists or fails to comply.

I don't know what the difference is between 2 scruffy undercover cops serving a real warrant at night, and two gang bangers claiming to be cops serving a warrant at night. But I know it's a lot harder to get away with parking a couple of fake marked cruisers out front in broad daylight, and bringing along half a dozen uniformed, clean-shaven officers. Fake cops fear being spotted by the real cops.

If they ever come to serve a warrant at my house, I'll demand proof that they are real cops. I owe that to my family, and I owe that to the community since I have a not-insignificant gun collection that shouldn't end up in the wrong hands.

So true. How many times have I read or heard on the new of someone being pulled over by someone flashing a badge, only to find out he wasn't a real officer. I told my wife if she ever has any doubts about who is pulling you over keep driving and call 911. They can not fault you for being careful.

(Pike County)

Yep, if the popo come to see me please park a few marked cars in front of my home, light bars on, and be in full uniform. Anyone can yell anything they want, it does not make it so.
    Knock nicely, and hand me the paperwork.
    Anyone else need not apply.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

In light of other recent threads I was going to bring up the same exact thing.

Your on my "owed" rep list (again)

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie