Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default LTCF today - westmoreland county

Today I had the afternoon off and decided it was a good day to trot downtown to the courthouse and get my LTCF. Couldn't have been easier (except, of course, if there wasn't a law requiring one in the first place). I did the application in person and it took about 15-20 minutes for the two attendants to do the other 5 or so applications and my own.

I guess the next big hurdle is actually carrying in public. Before then, though, I've got some legal reading to do.

Thanks for all the good info on this bbs!

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: LTCF today - westmoreland county

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Today I had the afternoon off and decided it was a good day to trot downtown to the courthouse and get my LTCF. Couldn't have been easier (except, of course, if there wasn't a law requiring one in the first place). I did the application in person and it took about 15-20 minutes for the two attendants to do the other 5 or so applications and my own.

I guess the next big hurdle is actually carrying in public. Before then, though, I've got some legal reading to do.

Thanks for all the good info on this bbs!
    Westmoreland is a great county, isn't it! LTCF photo card in under 20 minutes! I love it.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Westmoreland County)

Congratulations Nelson. The set up at the courthouse is very nice. The professional and courteous staff get you in and out quickly... photo card in hand. (...and the beauty of the historic part of the courthouse makes the venture that much more appealing).

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Congratulations Nelson. The set up at the courthouse is very nice. The professional and courteous staff get you in and out quickly... photo card in hand. (...and the beauty of the historic part of the courthouse makes the venture that much more appealing).
    True...the only thing that could be better is simple parking! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    True...the only thing that could be better is simple parking! LOL
    Oh so now you want drive throuogh LTCF applications. geez some people are never happy.

they had this on the news the other night while I was in the ER waiting room.

The reporter was interviewing someone from the police there and he said it was distrubing that there were so many armed people or something to that effect...something like one out of every 9 people is armed.

I said out loud "that's a good thing" and I could see the lady wearing the obama t shirt scoff.

little did she know...that 4 feet across from her...we'll let it it go from there.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    Oh so now you want drive throuogh LTCF applications. geez some people are never happy.
    Can they do that? That would be cool!

Actually, in Westmoreland Cty, you can print the application off the internet and mail it in. In about a week, they send you a paper license. The photo card is not mandatory. You can get a free photocard upgrade, after you get your paper license, anytime you like at the Courthouse. So theoretically, you don't even need to leave your house to get a Westmoreland LTCF! LOL

Can they do that? That would be cool!

Actually, in Westmoreland Cty, you can print the application off the internet and mail it in. In about a week, they send you a paper license. The photo card is not mandatory. You can get a free photocard upgrade, after you get your paper license, anytime you like at the Courthouse. So theoretically, you don't even need to leave your house to get a Westmoreland LTCF! LOL
    Wow almost as good as a doctor making a house call.

(Lackawanna County)

Well congratulations on the LTCF. I had to wait several weeks here in Pike county but it was worth the wait for me as it was not a major thing. The need here in this area of Pike county is not huge most times.

I enjoy having it so I can carry anytime I am not at work or going out of state that is.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I hadn't been to the courthouse in YEARS.. I think the last time I was there was a grade school (maybe HS) field trip, and we got to sit in on the trial. Pretty cool for youngsters.

Right, that is an option. After I read on the sheriff's web site that they could process while you wait, I figured that beat waiting the week or so average wait I've read about. Figuring my luck, I would have had to wait the full 45 days because the application was misplaced or blown out of the mailbox or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast