Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Added another DPMS LR to the collection

I have been selling a few of my weapons lately...well today, I added another DPMS LR 308 to my collection...these gas operated rifles are amazing. I feel that it is the best bargain in a rifle. I bought a 24" SS barreled rifle for $909 today. I already own an 18" version and it is super accurate. The reason I bought the 24" model is because I bought a Badger Ord. Stabilzer handguard because it is the only one offered that has a flat bottom. Well my 18" version has the carbine length handguard and the gas block is too big to fit underneath the BO handguard. I have been working with GAP and some other AR10 gunsmiths to resolve the issue...and I figured I love the LR rifles so much, I will just buy one with a longer barrel to resolve the problem. I need a vise to install the Badger...I am hoping to get it installed this week. If you never heard of a DPMS LR or never fired one...do yourself a favor and buy one. You will not be sorry.

(Bucks County)

Congrats. I look forward to seeing pictures.... Am I wrong, or is what you paid a really good price?
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

DPMS list them on their website at $1149. I like the fact that their 308 rifles cost about the same as an AR15. In this day and age...you don't see many deals out there, but when you do...you must take advantage. I am going to finish the SS barrel. It looks out of place considering the rest of the rifle is black. I will probably do a Moly Resin finish because of durability reasons. Beside, I get tired of only having black rifles. It's nice to add some color.

sounds really nice Aubie. I can't wait to see some of the photos, and keep me updated. Also, let me know how that badboy shoots.

It's been a while since you replied on the forum....I sent you a couple offlines on yahoo, but you must not have gotten them.

I need to get to the farm, so I can use their vise to install the Badger handguard...then I will take some pictures....as of right now they are just ordinary rifles.

(Philadelphia County)

Now THAT'S sexy!

Congrats on your buy Aubie!

When you get tired of it.. contact me and I'll buy it off you!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

I doubt I will get tired of it...but then again I never thought I'd sell my Winchester Stealth and I ended up selling both of my Stealth rifles.

The AR15 is still up for grabs...I actually took it out this past weekend...let my buddy shoot it.