Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Lanyard for Ruger LCP?

I have originally posted this on the concealed carry forum but decided to repost here because the question is definitely more along a "technical" aspect. Here goes

First off, I want to say hello to everyone from Dingmans Ferry. I am new to PA having moved here recently from NJ. I received my LTCF recently also. I cannot believe how easy was to get, when compared to the last place I lived. I LOVE THIS STATE!

I recently bought a 371 prefix LCP on gunbroker and am dealing with an interstate transfer. I hope to be wearing it by next week.

So anyway, I have a question regarding the pistol I have chosen to carry. It may be the first of many questions I have. But first, let me explain the application. I plan to carry my Ruger LCP on a belt holster while backcountry skiing in state forests. My holster is simple leather with a snap retention, a desantis dual carry to be specific, worn on a wilderness tactical 1.5" belt. Somehow it makes me uncomfortable that the snap retention is the only thing securing it. Lanyard might seem overkill; but I am ex-military so I have a tendency to be redundant when it comes to securing field gear, and tie- down most everything with 550 cord.

Alright. There are no shortages of good pistol lanyards on the market. I had one, in fact, on my M9 in Iraq, of which I can buy the same type online. The question is, where do I attach it onto the LCP?

I see a hole on the LCP backstrap. Does anyone know if this was intended to be a lanyard hole? I see also that Keltec sells a neck lanyard which replaces one of the pins on their p3at. I wonder if the LCP and the p3at pins are the same size. If I could use the Keltec pin on my pistol, it would be easy enough to retro-fit one of the P3at lanyards to be worn on the waist, don't you think? Someone who owns both pistols, a p3at and an LCP, please don't be shy. I could really use your help. Also, any suggestions or ideas I wasn't clever enought to come up with myself, kindly post them, and accept my gratitude in advance.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Lanyard for Ruger LCP?

Quote Originally Posted by blacksteel View Post
    I see a hole on the LCP backstrap. Does anyone know if this was intended to be a lanyard hole? I see also that Keltec sells a neck lanyard which replaces one of the pins on their p3at. I wonder if the LCP and the p3at pins are the same size. If I could use the Keltec pin on my pistol, it would be easy enough to retro-fit one of the P3at lanyards to be worn on the waist, don't you think? Someone who owns both pistols, a p3at and an LCP, please don't be shy. I could really use your help. Also, any suggestions or ideas I wasn't clever enought to come up with myself, kindly post them, and accept my gratitude in advance.
    Blacksteel... My LCP does not have a hole in the backstrap so I can not help you with that.

What I can say is that the pin where Keltec's lanyard attaches is the same size as the pin on the LCP.

I purchased one of those clips (like a Quick Clip) that was for a Keltec and installed it on my LCP. It fit like it was supposed to.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Pike County)

Alright! That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksteel View Post
    Alright! That's what I was looking for. Thanks.
    Anytime Sir.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

Howard - I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!