I took the time today to sit in on the House Judiciary meeting held in Reading, PA, Berks County. I had prior to the hearing contacted Rep. Caltagirone, Chariman of the committee to schedule an opportunity to speak. That was well over a week ago, as of yet, no response.

In any event, it was not a well attended event, but for the committee members, speakers, a few reporters and photographers, 1/2 dozen pro-gun citizens and maybe another 5-6 assorted citizens.

Essentially, each speaker was allotted a few minutes and then answered questions from the panel. To be fair, the 2nd amendment group was well represented by the Berks sheriff and a very well spoken sportsman/NRA member.

By the questions and answers one could easily figure out which side of the fence each person sat. I spoke with some of the legislators personally, some of whom are supporting many of the "gun-control" bills being introduced. Privately, they acknowledge that they likely do not have the support to pas these bills, but they are still pursuing trying to pass the legislation. I guess they are seeking to "look good" in an effort to appear to be doing something about all of the violence in our cities.

All in all, it appears to me anyhow that the politicians are going through the motions seeking public input, but then going ahead with their ideas anyhow...despite the fact that more laws are not likely to have an impact on reducing crime and violence.

Just my $0.02 worth.

FlaSport