Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default IWB Holsters, Combat Grips?

I'm ordering the Crossbreed SuperTuck over the weekend. I've done alot of research and its actually a sponsored holster on my model forum. Seem's there quite a few people with my gun who have this holster and rave about it. I figured I'd ask here to get an unbiased sample.

How many of you IWB folks have ordered a combat grip, if available, on your IWB holsters. Is there a considerable discomfort with this option as some claim? Have any of you have trouble drawing from concealment without the combat grip, getting the webbing of your thumb stuck behind the backing?

thanks everyone!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: IWB Holsters, Combat Grips?

check out kholster.com , same holster as the super tuck half the price. They are comming out with a new SOB holster in january that im ordering.

(Adams County)

Definitely worth the extra money for the combat grip. I ordered one for my G19 without the combat grip and was not satisfied with the partial grip I could get before removing the weapon from the holster. I wound up doing the combat cut myself, and not a very pretty job of it either. Asthetics notwithstanding, the combat cut definitely improves my grip prior to presentation from the holster. As far as comfort, I can feel the difference when against skin, but not enough to regret making the cut to the holster.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningwit View Post
    Definitely worth the extra money for the combat grip. I ordered one for my G19 without the combat grip and was not satisfied with the partial grip I could get before removing the weapon from the holster. I wound up doing the combat cut myself, and not a very pretty job of it either. Asthetics notwithstanding, the combat cut definitely improves my grip prior to presentation from the holster. As far as comfort, I can feel the difference when against skin, but not enough to regret making the cut to the holster.
    Sorry to ask what is probably a super stupid question but what is a "combat grip" in this context?

I do have and often use a Crossbreed SuperTuck for my XD-45 Service and really like it. In cool weather I do tend to carry OWB more often because it is just more comfortable for me. All summer though or if I need to get dressed up a little and still want the bigger handgun the SuperTuck is the way that I go.

(Adams County)

No such thing as a stupid question (yes, I really do believe that). The term "combat grip" as used on Crossbreed's site is referring to a modification of the leather back plate which allows the user to obtain a better grip on the weapon prior to removal from the holster. Just check out their site and I think you can see pics of holsters with/without the combat grip. I was trained/taught that any holster which requires you to fiddle-fart around with the weapon after removal from the holster is NOT GOOD.

I have the combat cut on my supertuck for my xd, and I love it.

well worth it.

(Allegheny County)

Quick question to those using the super tuck with an XD or other "full size" firearm. What is your preferred carry location in reference to your strong side. I'm asking out of curiousity because I have an XD as well as a Bersa .380 which I bought a RH Highnoon IWB holser for. To be honest I can't ger comfortable in any position with it in a RH grip. I used to carry SOB with LH holster and that was somwhat comfortable with the .380 but I don't think I would prefer that with an XD.

Your thoughts.... Sorry if I hijacked the thead...I want to get an IWB for the XD but want it to be comfortable. I currently carry in a Serpa OWB at 3:00

(Monroe County)

I had a Supertuck for my USP .40 Full size, it was comfortable to wear, but heavy.

The best thing about the SuperTuck is that its extremly adjustable so you can find the right amount of Cant to get the weapon exactly where you like it, you can also adjust the ride height.

For me the most comfortable spot was at about 3 - 4 o clock with a signfigant cant (had the front clip in the bottom hole and the back clip in the middle hole) this made the gun ride very comfortably and concealed well.

The SuperTuck is so adjustable that you are really going to have to play with it yourself, and the creeking goes away, wear it for 3 - 4 days and it will actually mold to your hip as the leather bends and become even more comfortable

I just ordered a SuperTuck form y M&P and a SnapSlide (their new OWB holster) for my 1911... now I have to wait... i hate waiting ;P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

in case anyone is still wondering - I believe this is what a combat grip looks like

(smaller holster for the LCP but notice the cut out in the top left corner and how far in its cut)

and this is a standard

The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMT128 View Post
    Quick question to those using the super tuck with an XD or other "full size" firearm. What is your preferred carry location in reference to your strong side. I'm asking out of curiousity because I have an XD as well as a Bersa .380 which I bought a RH Highnoon IWB holser for. To be honest I can't ger comfortable in any position with it in a RH grip. I used to carry SOB with LH holster and that was somwhat comfortable with the .380 but I don't think I would prefer that with an XD.

Your thoughts.... Sorry if I hijacked the thead...I want to get an IWB for the XD but want it to be comfortable. I currently carry in a Serpa OWB at 3:00
    I carry OWB in a serpa @ 3:00 as well - full size XD
    When I carry IWB it's at about 4-4:30 in the supertuck - again full sized XD. The supertuck is quite comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast