Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default i hear gun shots!!!

its 426 xmas morning, I live by the farmshow in harrisburg, but on the other side of 81.... i keep hearing whats sounds like gun shots over and over again?? anyone in harrisburg area hearing this? Theyll be like 3 or 4, then quite then a few more like every 5 minutes or so for the past 30 minutes....

Well i dont know what it is, im half tempted to go for a walk... but i dont have my cc permit yet, plus im out of 45 and im not going out with the m4 or any other carbine...

well see... i miss having a pitbull...
    The only thing we learn from history, I am afraid, is that we do not learn from history.

-Ron Paul

(Chester County)

Default Re: i hear gun shots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    its 426 xmas morning, I live by the farmshow in harrisburg, but on the other side of 81.... i keep hearing whats sounds like gun shots over and over again?? anyone in harrisburg area hearing this? Theyll be like 3 or 4, then quite then a few more like every 5 minutes or so for the past 30 minutes....

Well i dont know what it is, im half tempted to go for a walk... but i dont have my cc permit yet, plus im out of 45 and im not going out with the m4 or any other carbine...

well see... i miss having a pitbull...
    Some yahoo might be out spotlighting and keeps seeing eight 10 pointers flying around. Probably stops shooting when they stop on a rooftop for a few minutes, then starts again when they take off and head for another house.

Yep, I bet that's it.

ho ho ho

ETA: Hello, is this thing on? Get it, flying deer, Christmas eve, and not even a giggle? Sheesh, what a tough crowd. I gotta come up with better material.
    Last edited by str8shooter; December 26th, 2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: dropped another lead balloon

(Dauphin County)

any spot lighting going on down that way is a cop car with its spots on lol

cant help freedom i live out closer to Hershey and don't hear it, also if you hear gun shots best place to be is in the house unless you know those shots are for you stay out of it.. if anythign call the cops and ask if they have heard about it yet !
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Lebanon County)

That is really an unusual circumstance, usually the gunfire in Harrisburg is from 1:00 to 2:30 am, jus sayin.

(Dauphin County)

Freedom I live about 5 miles from the farm show complex and unfortunately im in Maryland for the holidays. LOL there is no spotlighting going on down that way lol. I say call the police and let them figure it out thats what they do. Esp. since you dont have a carry firearm. Or go check it out OCing on foot. The is Susquehanna Twp if i im not mistaken, i know a bunch of there officers they are good guys.

(York County)

I'm sorry but why would you or anyone else here telling you to do so, " Go on a walk" and investigate what you believe to be gunfire?? Does not sound like a good idea to me.

Dave W.
    3%

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I'm sorry but why would you or anyone else here telling you to do so, " Go on a walk" and investigate what you believe to be gunfire?? Does not sound like a good idea to me.

Dave W.
    I vote with Brown Bear on this one.

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

(Dauphin County)

Yea i dont know, what they were, i stood out in my driveway to see if i could tell were they were coming from... no idea.. Im starting to think it was just the rail yard in Enola making a fuss but still it sounded to me like gun fire... although it could have been just a drunk gun nut shooting his new gun santa just gave him for Xmass...

I could understand... really i could.
    The only thing we learn from history, I am afraid, is that we do not learn from history.

-Ron Paul

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post

Dave W.
    why investigate? I never did, other then go out on my driveway to hear where it was coming from... it was at least a mile away, but i dont know where it was from. I just think if i here gunfire by my home i should be at least aware to whether or not the was an immediate threat to me and my home. After noticing that no threat was directed towards or near me at all then i went back inside and ended up finally going to bed...

It may have been rail cars slamming together but, it just sounded to me like "POP POP POP" quiet for a few mins possible realoading? then "POP POP POP" It lasted about 40 minutes or so...

-Ron Paul

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    If you listen closely, it is saying "get your LTCF, stock up on ammo."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast