Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XS Big Dots

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: XS Big Dots

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    Yeah but cyborgs like you don't count, Marc.
    I don't consider myself a spectacular shot. Yeager putting down those 12" steel silhouettes at 100 yards with the same setup is spectacular shooting.

Either way, we'll have to go shoot when you're out next week.

(Allegheny County)

I'll have to call XS. I just emailed them for a price on a rear sight only and it kicked back as a failed connection.

I think I have a 12" round by 3/8" thick plate somewhere. I may weld it to a spring for the new group of Pafoa 100yd pistol shooters we are going to groom during some of these group shoots. I'll need 2 men and a boy to get it downrange.

I like to shoot longer range pistol. It does make me shoot more slowly and concentrate more through the trigger press

I would be impressed to see someone hit 12" plates at 100 consistantly with a 4" bbl handgun.

27hans
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    I'll have to call XS. I just emailed them for a price on a rear sight only and it kicked back as a failed connection.

I think I have a 12" round by 3/8" thick plate somewhere. I may weld it to a spring for the new group of Pafoa 100yd pistol shooters we are going to groom during some of these group shoots. I'll need 2 men and a boy to get it downrange.

I like to shoot longer range pistol. It does make me shoot more slowly and concentrate more through the trigger press

I would be impressed to see someone hit 12" plates at 100 consistantly with a 4" bbl handgun.

27hans
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8

(Allegheny County)

How come Jim didn't scan after his shots?
    I'll have to try the upside down shots although at a training class we had, we were shooting our revolvers upside down, not between our legs but holding them upside down in roughly a Weaver.

I think some people were nervous about me trying it with a .44mag and full power loads. Front sight, press worked OK even like that. It was poppers at 25 but I had 7 1/2 inches of sight and not 4.

cool beans. I'll get the rear sight and report back.

(Allegheny County)

27hans
    I have a friend (fslflint on this forum) that was consistantly hitting a silhouette at 300 yards using a G17 with Big dots.

(Philadelphia County)

How come Jim didn't scan after his shots?
    I'll have to try the upside down shots although at a training class we had, we were shooting our revolvers upside down, not between our legs but holding them upside down in roughly a Weaver.

I think some people were nervous about me trying it with a .44mag and full power loads. Front sight, press worked OK even like that. It was poppers at 25 but I had 7 1/2 inches of sight and not 4.

cool beans. I'll get the rear sight and report back.

that was a demonstration of the sights, not tactics. We call that trick shooting.

(Allegheny County)

Understand that and I was told that (the non-scanning) by a guy after I made some long distance shots. It's not actually trick shooting. I call it just GOOD shooting.

I took my Glock23 out at the rifle range at one of the earlier Pafoa shoots
    and hit 6 of ten COM shots on an IDPA target and my dominant eye is only about 85/90% from having an eye injury last year that resulted in 3 stitches in that cornea.

I also referenced it as an old parlor trick but most times I do it ,people at the range don't think it can be done until you show them.

The pistols can do it. We are the weak link. As I said, when I get the XS rear, I'll match it up against my Heinie slant pros on my other pistol and see what I get.

Later,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12