Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default Picked up my XD-9

Well, I couldn't wait any longer. I picked up my new pistol yesterday. I got the 4 inch XD-9. I got it after doing lots of reading and research (You guys helped me make my mind up.

I just went out and shot it in the back yard. (I love living in the boonies). First impressions are this. (Not a great range report. But I am new to this again)

I was surprised by the trigger pull. Been shooting nothing but revolvers for the past couple of years. Seemed like I pulled a long time before it went off. Found myself anticipating the shot. My first couple of shots went everywhere. Then I realized that I was babying the thing. I didn't have a good firm grip on it. I grabbed ahold and the groups started to come.

I just blasted two full clips out of it so I didn't get a great feel for the pistol. But, I first found myself shooting all over the paper when I was taking my time and squeezing real slow. And then the second mag, I grabbed that bad boy, and ripped into the trigger ripping off a couple quick shots, pause, a couple more. Suddenly all my shoots were staying inside of a circle the size of a snuff can from about 5 yards. Not bad, since I haven't fired an auto in years. It was the first time I ever fired this pistol.

I got a...... Happy Feeling in my heart. I am looking foward to getting out and doing some more shooting with it.

No malfuctions.(Even with my noodle grip the first time) Felt great in my hand (love the gentle recoil of a nine. Been shooting a 45 years ago. This thing is a piece of cake to control). Surprised myself how quickly my groups tightened up. I think I'm in love again. Bring on the IDPA Well, maybe after I shoot one or two more magazines out of it anyway.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Chester County)

Default Re: Picked up my XD-9

The trigger will become much better with use. That gives you incentive to shoot it more

So, contrary to a good S&W revolver, Mtbkski needs to wait for while and shoot his firearm until it develops a good trigger pull?

(Erie County)

Enjoy! I've got about 1000 rounds through mine and the trigger has broken in significantly. I haven't had any issues with mine (I have the 4" service as well), I think you'll really enjoy this.
    When the government has a knife at your throat and a hand on your wallet, it matters not whether it is the left or the right hand.

(Lehigh County)

1200 rounds threw works great. Had a box of WWB that would not lock the slide back after the last shot but it was the ammo. Great choice

(Delaware County)

I have the sub-compact 9mm I use for carry and I'm picking up a 4"service model in 9mm on Saturday. They are great guns unless you ask a "Glock Guy"
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Berks County)

I am a Glock guy, so it's not my cup of tea.

But if you like it, enjoy it and shoot the hell out of it!