Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default KalifoRnia to allow suing Good Samaritans.

Apparently, some asshat in the DPRC decided it was O.K. to pursue civil suits against Good Samaritans.

A woman claims she was partially paralyzed when she was pulled form a crashed vehicle by her friend, behind her in another vehicle, thought was about to catch fire. Fearing that the woman would be killed horrifically in fiery blaze, the rescuer removed the woman from the car and dragged her to safety...

the woman states she would have been better off if she had been left in the car until a trained responder arrived, though it is unclear, medically, if the paralyzing injury she sustained was the result of the crash or of the extraction.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...n134850S58.DTL

so, it would have been better to let the asshat burn to death. what in the hell kind of message does this send?

so be forewarned... helping someone in immediate danger may cost you everything you have.

interestingly, for those of us who are trained as First Responders, failing to render aid (if discovered) can land us in civil court. So, we may be required to render aid and may be monetarily punished if we make the slightest error.

zombie apocalypse is looking better every day.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: KalifoRnia to allow suing Good Samaritans.

It honestly shouldnt technically matter if California allows it.............. just cause they allow it doesnt mean people have to do it. Just goes to show what a bunch of greedy dipshits people really are.
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post
    It honestly shouldnt technically matter if California allows it.............. just cause they allow it doesnt mean people have to do it. Just goes to show what a bunch of greedy dipshits people really are.
    While technically true the rest of the country does watch what California does, then after a little while decides to implement similar actions.

Remember the Microstamping Bill California passed that in September of 2007, with other states now considering the same.

Where do you think all the EPA crap started, like car emission tests here in Pa, tougher regulations on factories etc etc, it all started in California and ends up costing everyone more money in the long run. Hell California even tried to outlaw gas powered lawn mowers.

The first "kid" to sue his parents was from there too.

California, America's Guinna pig.

I'll stick to one of my favorite lines of all time:

"First thing we kill all the lawyers"

nuff said

dc

+100

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    I'll stick to one of my favorite lines of all time:

"First thing we kill all the lawyers"

nuff said
    That's impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    Apparently, some asshat in the DPRC decided it was O.K. to pursue civil suits against Good Samaritans.

A woman claims she was partially paralyzed when she was pulled form a crashed vehicle by her friend, behind her in another vehicle, thought was about to catch fire. Fearing that the woman would be killed horrifically in fiery blaze, the rescuer removed the woman from the car and dragged her to safety...

the woman states she would have been better off if she had been left in the car until a trained responder arrived, though it is unclear, medically, if the paralyzing injury she sustained was the result of the crash or of the extraction.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...n134850S58.DTL

so, it would have been better to let the asshat burn to death. what in the hell kind of message does this send?

so be forewarned... helping someone in immediate danger may cost you everything you have.

interestingly, for those of us who are trained as First Responders, failing to render aid (if discovered) can land us in civil court. So, we may be required to render aid and may be monetarily punished if we make the slightest error.

zombie apocalypse is looking better every day.
    No good turn should go unpunished.

(Susquehanna County)

This is nothing new. Lawsuits of this kind have been going on for at least 20 years. It's part of the reason people ignore the injured, ill or fallen in most cities.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Delaware County)

No problem, I'm really good at detaching myself from a situation and can easily stand by and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBlue View Post
    No problem, I'm really good at detaching myself from a situation and can easily stand by and do nothing.
    Yep, me too.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast