Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Carrying a rifle

I got to thinking yesterday and I doubt it's a problem, but when I picked up my SKS last night it didn't come with the box. So I just put it in my trunk and when I got home (in town I might add) I slung it over my shoulder and grabbed a few other bags of things I had bought. I walked up to my door with a rifle slung over my shoulder. I'm assuming this isn't illegal. But what if someone called and said a guy has a rifle slung over his shoulder walking up the sidewalk? Would there be any legal concerns? Does it have to be in a box?

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Carrying a rifle

Not illegal that I know of. as we all know with some PD that won't stop you from getting grief off them.

\
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I got to thinking yesterday and I doubt it's a problem, but when I picked up my SKS last night it didn't come with the box. So I just put it in my trunk and when I got home (in town I might add) I slung it over my shoulder and grabbed a few other bags of things I had bought. I walked up to my door with a rifle slung over my shoulder. I'm assuming this isn't illegal. But what if someone called and said a guy has a rifle slung over his shoulder walking up the sidewalk? Would there be any legal concerns? Does it have to be in a box?
    USNRET '61-'81

(Lawrence County)

Not illegal at all. However, you just advertised to everyone that could possibly see you that you have an "assault rifle", and word gets around... I'm a little paranoid about that since my apartment got broken into and I had 2 pistols stolen...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    Not illegal at all. However, you just advertised to everyone that could possibly see you that you have an "assault rifle", and word gets around... I'm a little paranoid about that since my apartment got broken into and I had 2 pistols stolen...

-Chaz
    Not too worried about that. We just had a security system installed. So once they break in and it goes off they have about 3 minutes to get into my safe before the cops arrive. If I'm home... you can guess what will happen.

(Lawrence County)

My security system at work went off one day, it took the police half an hour to get here. I can see their cruisers from my office as I'm only 75 yards away... A safe is a good thing, but never, ever, count on the police... Isn't that why we carry our own weapons? lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Franklin County)

We'll obviously we can't count on the police but I keep my guns in a secure safe while I am gone.

(Lehigh County)

an sks as an assault rifle, thats funny. a rifle carried in the open is considered open carry, same rules should apply.

(Montgomery County)

3 minutes seems pretty optimistic, but I guess it depends on the cops in your area.

Carrying your rifle is fine, but if someone pulls that "Oh my god, he's got a gun!!!!!" bullshit, you could find yourself in a stinky pile. As I understand it, if someone feels threatened and calls the fuzz, even if there is no threat, it becomes your problem. A buddy of mine talked his way down to disturbing the peace, after a neighbor called in a "man with a gun" for doing what you did.
    Great that you can be treated like a criminal for things that aren't illegal.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by wirepuller View Post
    an sks as an assault rifle, thats funny. a rifle carried in the open is considered open carry, same rules should apply.
    Ya I know.... big black and scary right?

(Bucks County)

thats what i did when i got my mosin. couldnt do much about it, but when i brounght it in the house i coverd it with a towel from the trunk
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast