Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: m&p40c

(Luzerne County)

Default m&p40c

Has anyone shoot the m&p40 compact in IDPA? I was planning on using my glock 34 for IDPA but I just picked up the m&p tonight and I only have a few days to send in for the two free mag or the 50 dollar rebate. So I don't have much time to test the gun out. It is going to be my carry gun so I thought I might want shoot it in IDPA. If it has worked out for people as a good IDPA gun I will take the two free mags, but if not I will take the 50 bucks. any thoughts

Default Re: m&p40c

You can get lots of informed feedback on this from http://MP-Pistol.com/. I've used my M&P 45fs for matches. And I will soon be using my M&P 45c. My objective is to develop my confidence and competence in handling my choices for primary EDC.

It takes a while for the free magazines to arrive. The first few matches, I borrowed some magazines from another competitor.
    Howard - I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!

While I don't shoot IDPA, I will say that my .40c is far more accurate than I can shoot it. I was impressed by how well I could shoot with this gun being a compact model. Not sure if that helps any, but there you go.

(Luzerne County)

thanks for the reply I will get the mags. I just think idpa has everything to do with carry so I feel I should use what I carry

(Lawrence County)

Mags! Always get mags! You can never really have enough... lol

I shoot IPSC, not IDPA, but I know most of my stages I need a minimum of 4 mags... You just have to be on the lookout, because I've heard a lot of stories about it taking MONTHS to get them...

A compact for competition? Sure, why not? Me personally, I like a longer slide and sight picture, but then again, we play different games... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...