Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Pierced kittens removed from home

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Pier...2-17-2008.html

Pierced kittens removed from home
    They were pierced in tail, neck and ear and were to be sold, officials say.

By Edward Lewis elewis@timesleader.com
    Staff Writer

ROSS TWP. – Three kittens with ear, neck and tail piercings were removed from a home by humane officers on Wednesday.

Wayne Harvey, SPCA kennel attendant, holds a kitten that was taken from a home in Ross Township on Wednesday.

One of the officers from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Luzerne County said the pierced kittens were being sold as “gothic kittens” on an Internet auction site.

“This is a first,” said Officer Carol Morrison. “It’s unbelievable anybody would do this to kittens.”

Morrison said the investigation began about a week ago when a man from another state noticed “gothic kittens” being sold on eBay. The kittens were also being sold on a pet classified Web site with an attached picture of a pierced kitten.

“You’re not allowed to sell live animals on eBay,” Morrison said.

The man called the phone number that was listed with the kittens, and traveled to the home at 71 Dobson Road, where he saw the pierced kittens, Morrison said.

“He called us and explained what he saw,” Morrison said.

Morrison and two humane officers obtained a search warrant for the home from District Judge John Hasay in Shickshinny at about 3:30 p.m.

Assisted by the state police at Shickshinny, the humane officers traveled to the home located at the end of a long driveway in a remote area of Ross Township.

Humane officers and troopers were inside the home for more than an hour before removing three kittens and a cat just before 5:30 p.m.

“She (the homeowner) thought it was a great idea (to pierce kittens),” Morrison said.

Morrison said charges are likely to be filed against the homeowner.

A dog inside the home was also found with pierced ears, Morrison said.

Morrison said the homeowner has a pet grooming business in the basement of the residence. Several signs advertising “Pawside Parlor” were along Dobson Road and in front of the home.

The kittens also had submission rings placed in their tails, Morrison said, explaining that the rings would prevent blood flow, causing the tails to fall off.

The homeowner and a young girl were inside the home. After humane officers removed the kittens in cages, the window shades were closed and interior lights were turned off.

Morrison said the kittens will be checked by a veterinarian before deciding if the kittens will be placed for adoption.
    Last edited by normanvin; December 18th, 2008 at 09:52 AM.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Pierced kittens removed from home

Just goes to show how many DUMB ASS people there are out there.... pierce your own body but leave others ( INCLUDING animals) alone....

They should be fined, sentenced and pierced... with railroad ties.....

(Montgomery County)

Man that's just wrong!

(Lebanon County)

I've seen babies with piercings. I know it wasn't their choice, who's going to stand up for them?

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lancaster County)

I wonder, will they also be going after the breeders who sell dogs such as dobermans whose ears and tails are cut off? Just wondering...But I doubt it. Come now they are freaking cats, I think it's wrong but I'm not sure if it's abuse. I'm sure there are numerous cases of actual animal negligence and abuse that are being passed over due to resources wasted on things like this. The owner of the cats should have gotten a warning and told to remove the piercings and what not and be done with it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by OvadekP View Post
    I wonder, will they also be going after the breeders who sell dogs such as dobermans whose ears and tails are cut off? Just wondering...But I doubt it. Come now they are freaking cats, I think it's wrong but I'm not sure if it's abuse. I'm sure there are numerous cases of actual animal negligence and abuse that are being passed over due to resources wasted on things like this. The owner of the cats should have gotten a warning and told to remove the piercings and what not and be done with it.
    Considering that the vast majority of tail and ear docking is done under vetrinary supervision, I rather doubt it. If you can't see the abuse in this then maybe you need to reflect on your definition of the word. This woman needs to pay the price, and her customers should be made aware of her actions.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Lebanon County)

This womans intent does not appear to be malicious, it was a dumb idea however. Hopefully she learned something from it. The typical, "they're only freaking cats" argument is no better than the PETA response that is bitched about constantly.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by OvadekP View Post
    I wonder, will they also be going after the breeders who sell dogs such as dobermans whose ears and tails are cut off? Just wondering...But I doubt it.
    Good point, and we should not forget the animals that are knowingly bred with inherited diseases in order to produce a desired appearance.

(Montgomery County)

What a piece of shit. Torturing cats for profit. Awesome! I hope this bitch gets raped with a rusty pipe wrench.

I hope this bitch gets raped with a rusty pipe wrench.
    Scratch that. This stupid, crazy bitch would probably enjoy that. Sentence her to clean police horse stalls all weekend, every weekend, for a year.
    Last edited by 625; December 18th, 2008 at 12:38 PM.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Chester County)

pierced tail? wtf?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast