Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default WARNING: Peta thread!

You guys have to see this, it's a peta site about fishing. It's the same site that came up with the comic book that they were passing around schools a year or 2 ago that told kids to hide their puppy if daddy was a hunter or fisherman because he likes to kill animals.

Now they are trying to do away with the name "fish" and call them "seakittens" because nobody will order seakitten in a restaurant, lol. What a bunch of friggin tools.
    http://www.fishinghurts.com/

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: WARNING: Peta thread!

Seakittens? God these people suck.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Lawrence County)

i would order fish if it were called i'm gay.

could i have a beer battererd i'm gay on a hogie roll please? WHO CARES WHAT IT'S CALLED, IT TASTES DAMN GOOD!
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

Still tastes the same.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Northampton County)

Is that site a joke?

No, really, is it?

Fortunately, I don't like regular kittens anyway. Too chewy.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I thought you were refering to People Eating Tasy Animals

(Lawrence County)

Oh I can assure it is a real site, it's been around for years. I found out about it when it was making rounds through the fishing sites about 3 years ago because of the comic book. Here is a link to the comic book that they were handing out to school children, it's still on their site. Click on the comic and it will open it up, make sure to read the 2nd page clear to the bottom. It's sickening what these people will try warp the minds of kids. If anyone ever handed my kid that magazine I will guarantee you I would kick their ass on the spot.
    http://www.fishinghurts.com/feat-newcomic.asp

(Allegheny County)

Though I have mulled it over for some time, I recently gave up meat and became a vegetarian for my own personal and health reasons. It's been working out fantastic; I've received a lot of support and I feel healthier than I have in years. A note for all you meatatarians: do your thing and eat meat, dude. I'm not going to preach to anyone.

So though I don't personally believe in eating meat, I have to agree that the people from PETA are frickin' nuts. I understand that they care about the welfare of animals, but their methods make them appear foolish and fanatical.

I recently received a "Vegetarian Starter Kit" from the organization to help me transition to healthy food and let me just say that the material PETA decides to compile is nothing less than repulsing. After reading all the overly dramatic and inflammatory ranting against farmers and food producers, I literally became nauseous.

The organization seems wholly unaware that shocking people as well as using celebrity endorsements (yeah, because a give a hoot when Paul McCartney tells me about his vegan epiphany) doesn't seem to be getting the job done not their true message across. PETA would do better toning the the tactics, then perhaps the public could take the organization seriously.
    "Pride and dignity are good, but only in moderation." P-11 Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by slicknick131 View Post
    Though I have mulled it over for some time, I recently gave up meat and became a vegetarian for my own personal and health reasons. It's been working out fantastic; I've received a lot of support and I feel healthier than I have in years. A note for all you meatatarians: do your thing and eat meat, dude. I'm not going to preach to anyone.

So though I don't personally believe in eating meat, I have to agree that the people from PETA are frickin' nuts. I understand that they care about the welfare of animals, but their methods make them appear foolish and fanatical.

I recently received a "Vegetarian Starter Kit" from the organization to help me transition to healthy food and let me just say that the material PETA decides to compile is nothing less than repulsing. After reading all the overly dramatic and inflammatory ranting against farmers and food producers, I literally became nauseous.

The organization seems wholly unaware that shocking people as well as using celebrity endorsements (yeah, because a give a hoot when Paul McCartney tells me about his vegan epiphany) doesn't seem to be getting the job done not their true message across. PETA would do better toning the the tactics, then perhaps the public could take the organization seriously.
    Humans are designed to eat meat, just like dogs, bears, etc........
    I have no problem with vegetarians, but please don't tell me I'm wrong.
    I don't do that to you.

This is not directed at you, slicknick, just a random post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast